Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2020 Corolla Icon - what can be retrofitted?

wotnoshoeseh

Good morning,

I'm looking at purchasing a 2020 onwards Corolla with the hybrid drive system.

Nearly all of the models available are Icon's which, to be fair, are pretty well equipped.  One thing I've noticed is that they only have a speed limiter and not cruise control - is it difficult to retrofit the cruise control to the car?

Similarly are there options for sat nav?  Although I believe it has Android Auto / Apple Car Play so could use Google maps and/or Apple maps for that.

Lastly are parking sensors a simple retro fit too?

Many thanks,

D

I’ve had aftermarket parking sensors fitted to a Honda before without problem. 

they drilled the holes in the bumper to fit them, and as it was a black car they looked factory. 

the beeper was in the rear and wired up to the reverse lights, I didn’t get the display on the infotainment screen but it worked fine. 

I had another drive in it today and was able to check.  Cruise control is present and correct 👍.

It has been purchased - 2020 Icon in Manhattan Grey.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wotnoshoeseh said:

Similarly are there options for sat nav?  Although I believe it has Android Auto / Apple Car Play so could use Google maps and/or Apple maps for that.

Early models of the Corolla (2019-2020) didn't have Android Auto/Apple Carplay, and there was a dealer retrofit to upgrade them late in 2020. So check the car to make sure it has AA/CP. If not, ask the dealer re getting the upgrade.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Early models of the Corolla (2019-2020) didn't have Android Auto/Apple Carplay, and there was a dealer retrofit to upgrade them late in 2020. So check the car to make sure it has AA/CP. If not, ask the dealer re getting the upgrade.

I checked that too. Also present and correct 👍

Picture below

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 2.36.41 PM.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 7:41 AM, wotnoshoeseh said:

Picture below

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 2.36.41 PM.jpeg

Nice car. 👌

I can recommend rear set of tailor made sun shades. I have these on my car and they are amazing. Could be even better than tinted windows. In hot summer days you can leave windows open for fresh air and stop any insects getting in. They are also bright, letting light from outside but tint a bit so act as privacy glass. 

https://www.carshades.co.uk/shades-toyota-corolla-door-hatchback-2018-full-rear-p-9300.html

Another extras you can do is nice carpet or rubber mats if you haven’t got any already. 
Retrofitting of electronics on modern cars I personally dislike unless is oem part and plug and play only. The reason is because cars are now so much computer based close system and anything operates connected. If any non original equipment is added can interfere or not properly working so it will ruin the added positive experience. But that’s just mine personal preference. 
Enjoy your new car. 

• Like 1

I have also had the car shades on several cars, they are a good option compared to the cost and hassle of having the rear windows tinted. 

the set for the Corolla fit really well, just pop into position. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning,

I was going to get a touch up pen and was wondering if anyone had a link to a good source - last time around when I had an Auris, I think someone pointed me to an eBay site from here.

Also on the new corolla where is the paint code recorded?  My car is Manhattan Grey.

Cheers,

D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links