Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Alarm keeps going off!!

Plantl Man

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help, the alarm on my 2010 Avensis estate is playing up. As its such an old car I ideally would like to deactivate it. Is there an easy way to go about this?

Ive just seen elsewhere online that if I lock the car by putting the key in the door then this locks the car but does not set the alarm. Can anyone verify that this is the case for a 2010 Avensis please?

Hi Chris, you say say the alarm keeps going off but does this happen randomly or after a drive or sitting outside.Has this just started and have you had any work done on the car recently.?🙂

Hi Bper thanks for reply, yes the car was just sitting on my drive and no work has been done on the car recently

53 minutes ago, Plantl Man said:

Ive just seen elsewhere online that if I lock the car by putting the key in the door then this locks the car but does not set the alarm. Can anyone verify that this is the case for a 2010 Avensis please?

Have you tried putting new batteries in the key fob.This has been a resolve to this from previous posts. Have you also got the owners manual it may tell you if the method you found will work.:smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plantl Man said:

I believe that is the case - You can test it by locking with the remote and then trying to unlock the car with the physical key; If the alarm goes off, then you should be able to lock it with the physical key without arming the alarm, which you can then test by locking with the key and unlocking again - If the alarm doesn't go off, there's your answer! :smile: 

Right, thanks for that,I have just changed the Battery in my fob and that could well be the problem because a few days ago I had a problem unlocking the car using the fob but then it worked ok so I did not give it another thought.

Once again,many thanks for all your help

Good job Bper! :biggrin: 

• Like 1

Topic moved to the Avensis forum.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links