Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

t22 and t22 facelift model differences?

tmv

In the t22 facelift model, are there other structural variations in the car bodies, other than in the bumpers and lights for example?

I'm asking because I have problems to find a rear axle beam for my 1998 Avensis.

1998 part number is 51206-05040 and in the facelift model it is 51206-05050. Would part number 51206-05050 also fit? There would be at least one place that would sell part 51206-05050 used.

As far as I know Mr T will not change the part numbers unless some changes have been made. They might be minor, but still...

You could try to find some pictures of both parts and compare or you can ask an experienced Toyota mechanic?

Rust problem, huh?

The differences are probably to do with the fact the pre-facelift version from 1997-1999 have rear drum brakes, while the facelift cars have rear disc brake with inner mini drums. Here are the images of the subframes - 51206-05040 and 51206-05050. All I can think is to measure the mounting points to the body. 

image.thumb.png.bfde9d967038bcc319bc9d425731b81b.pngimage.thumb.png.a6338bc11a0e7585a1a8047025018cf2.png

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links