Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

hello fellow carina owners

Barry Hills

Hello from the New Forest in Hampshire. I am the proud owner of a 1992 Carina E 1600cc I have owned it for over 31 years and it has never let me down. I have replaced parts that have worn (tyres and batteries) and fitted a new radiator, other than that it is all original, it even has the original exhaust system. The MOT inspector tells me it is in remarkable condition for its age, better in fact than I am!   It is my everyday car and is getting close to 200,000 miles It has obviously suffered a few bumps and scrapes over the years but still starts every time and runs well. It is worth much more to me than to sell it and buy a new one. 

• Like 2

Hi Barry, Welcome lots of good advice when you need it and always welcome when you give it.:smile: Congratulations on keeping your Carina for 31 years a great achievement, it would be good to see some pictures :smile:

48 minutes ago, Barry Hills said:

Hello from the New Forest in Hampshire. I am the proud owner of a 1992 Carina E 1600cc I have owned it for over 31 years and it has never let me down. I have replaced parts that have worn (tyres and batteries) and fitted a new radiator, other than that it is all original, it even has the original exhaust system. The MOT inspector tells me it is in remarkable condition for its age, better in fact than I am!   It is my everyday car and is getting close to 200,000 miles It has obviously suffered a few bumps and scrapes over the years but still starts every time and runs well. It is worth much more to me than to sell it and buy a new one. 

Hi Barry,

Welcome to our forum. 

The Carinas last for ever, I had my neighbour who kept for years too, and another guys who shared Carina for min cab, they take turn every 8 hours, they rest but the car kept going 24 hrs 7 days ...

Amazing strong cars indeed !!!

Hello Barry - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links