Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Customer Support

Benzowner

Any one had any dealings with them, I need to resolve a longish standing issue 

Several members over the years have been in touch with Toyota Customer Services with varying degrees of success.

46 minutes ago, Benzowner said:

Any one had any dealings with them, I need to resolve a longish standing issue 

Hi Geoff, Would it help to share the issue so members may be able to give any advice and help.:smile:

• Like 1

I had success with Toyota Customers service by sending an email to them or you can try calling them 

But to be honest it depends on your situation and how realistic your expectations are. I think they are quite reasonable as long as you are 

• Like 2

I find they're not great at sorting out/actioning issues directed at them (e.g. the RSA mph/kph annoyance, complaints about the AEB, asking for heated seats, suggestions or requests), but are good with fairly easy questions (How do you shut up the speed camera alerts, how do I get a CoC, whats the contact for xyz).

Where they excel is putting the boot to an unresponsive dealer - If your dealer is giving you grief or stonewalling you, an e-mail to cr@toyota.co.uk is usually enough to get them to pull their finger out! They even managed to get my dealer to CALL ME!! On the PHONE!!! :eek: I was shocked - I've never had a promised call back from them prior, nearly fell off my chair in shock! :laugh:  (The only other time is when they were chasing me for money, but they have gotten better the past few years - When I was getting my windscreen done the service agent called me several times to let me know what was happening; Gotta be the most calls from one of their staff I've had ever! :laugh: )

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Cyker said:

They even managed to get my dealer to CALL ME!! On the PHONE!!! :eek: I was shocked - I've never had a promised call back from them prior, nearly fell off my chair in shock! 

They probably had to use a call box as the dealers phones do not have a dial out function.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Mushu84 said:

But to be honest it depends on your situation and how realistic your expectations are. I think they are quite reasonable as long as you are 

Absolutely.  They are like an underperformed call centre except it's an email system.   They will respond but it may take some time.  Some queries have to be passed up the line, but if they can answer, they will.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Absolutely.  They are like an underperformed call centre except it's an email system.   They will respond but it may take some time.  Some queries have to be passed up the line, but if they can answer, they will.

Only a team of 3 in the UK

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cyker said:

If your dealer is giving you grief or stonewalling you, an e-mail to cr@toyota.co.uk is usually enough to get them to pull their finger out! 

This is my problem in a nutshell, can you tell me who cr@toyota.co.uk is?

CR= Customer Relations dept

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the issue. 

I bought a used car from a Wolverhampton main dealer which showed a front dash camera and rear parcel shelf. When the car was delivered there was no front camera and no rear shelf. Was quoted £275 for the front camera to which I said no but the rear shelf they said they would order and deliver to me. This was October last year. After two months of chasing was told to order from my local supplier and they would reimburse me. Well after lots more arguing where in order to pay me they wanted a copy of my bank statement to which I flatly refused, they sent me a cheque which I banked today, 6 months after the initial dispute. Needless to say I will never use that dealer again and will advise, if ever asked, anyone else not to use them. Great service on my first dealing with a Toyota main dealer!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links