Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Problem

Cueball

I have a problem with the satnav on my 2014 Yaris Excel. In the route type menu (see photos) the option make a round trip is ticked but it is greyed out so I cannot turn it off. This has only just happened and it is causing problems because it starts directing me back to my start destination before I get to my actual destination which can get confusing. Thanks, any help appreciated.

Make Round Trip.jpg

Map ID.jpg

Hi David have you tried a reset and also checked for any software updates. This may be the problem.:smile:

Did the reset you done take you hack to factory settings?

20 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi David have you tried a reset and also checked for any software updates. this may be the problem.:smile:

Thanks for the reply Bob, I have updated to latest maps and software but it still has the problem. The only factory reset I can see to do is to delete personal data and nothing else in menus. I disconnected Battery for a couple of hours and it reloaded something on connection but greyed out tick is still there. David

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cueball said:

Thanks for the reply Bob, I have updated to latest maps and software but it still has the problem. The only factory reset I can see to do is to delete personal data and nothing else in menus. I disconnected battery for a couple of hours and it reloaded something on connection but greyed out tick is still there. David

Have you tried unticking “use traffic patterns”

Hi David, have you tried cleaning the cache through the settings menu. This may help to clear it.

Did the reset you done set It back to factory settings.:smile:

52 minutes ago, Paul john said:

Have you tried unticking “use traffic patterns”

Tried that but still computes a round trip

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi David, have you tried cleaning the cache through the settings menu. This may help to clear it.

Did the reset you done set It back to factory settings.:smile:

Can't find option to clear cache only delete personal details which did not work also disconnected Battery for 2 hours but this also did not work. No option in menu's to do factory reset. David

What head unit have you got.?

6 minutes ago, Bper said:

What head unit have you got.?

Its the 2014 Yaris Touch 2 Go..Do not have any serial number.

Hi David, have you still got the touch manual or owners manual they  should detail a factory reset, I have found this but obviously can't guarantee its correct for your exact model.

Before you do have you set a destination as apparently it will not show return route unless it is set

Please be aware if you do this that it will erase all data etc.

Performing a factory reset on a 2014 Yaris Touch 2 

Important Note: A factory reset will erase all your saved information on the system, including paired bluetooth devices, radio presets, and navigation data (if applicable).

Steps:

Locate the Buttons: Find the Apps button on your Touch 2 system.

Access Reset Menu: While your car is in park, turn the headlights on and off three times quickly (On-Off-On-Off-On). Hold down the Apps button during this sequence.

Confirmation Screen: If successful, you should see a new screen with diagnostic options.

Initiate Reset: Look for a button labeled Init or Initialize. Press and hold it until a confirmation message appears asking if you want to reset.

Confirm Reset: Select Yes on the confirmation message to proceed with the factory reset.

System Reboot: The system will take a few moments to reset. Once done, it will restart and be back to factory settings.

1 hour ago, Bper said:

Hi David, have you still got the touch manual or owners manual they  should detail a factory reset, I have found this but obviously can't guarantee its correct for your exact model.

Before you do have you set a destination as apparently it will not show return route unless it is set

Please be aware if you do this that it will erase all data etc.

Performing a factory reset on a 2014 Yaris Touch 2 

Important Note: A factory reset will erase all your saved information on the system, including paired Bluetooth devices, radio presets, and navigation data (if applicable).

Steps:

Locate the Buttons: Find the Apps button on your Touch 2 system.

Access Reset Menu: While your car is in park, turn the headlights on and off three times quickly (On-Off-On-Off-On). Hold down the Apps button during this sequence.

Confirmation Screen: If successful, you should see a new screen with diagnostic options.

Initiate Reset: Look for a button labeled Init or Initialize. Press and hold it until a confirmation message appears asking if you want to reset.

Confirm Reset: Select Yes on the confirmation message to proceed with the factory reset.

System Reboot: The system will take a few moments to reset. Once done, it will restart and be back to factory settings.

Thanks for the reply Bob, My head unit does not have an Apps button see photo. The top left and right buttons bring up a Service Menu when lights are turned on and off but there is no option to init or factory reset in there. David.

Hi David, No problem, it happens! Without an Apps button, resetting your head unit might require a different approach. Here are a couple of options:

Long press the Power button: This is a common method for resetting car radios. Turn on the ignition (but don't start the engine) and completely turn off the radio. Then, press and hold the power button on the head unit for around 20 seconds. You might see the screen turn off and on again, which indicates a reset.

Combination button press: Some radios require holding a combination of buttons to reset. Try finding the manual for your specific head unit model (you can often find it online by searching for the brand and model number). The manual might mention a specific button combination for resetting the unit.

If neither of these methods work, there might be a dedicated reset button somewhere on the unit itself. It might be a small pinhole button that requires a paperclip or similar tool to press. Again, consulting the manual is your best bet to find the exact location and procedure.

Thanks for all your help BPer. No pinhole for reset but power button + top left button showed head unit graphic and then loading bar. same happened when I reconnected Battery after 2 hours. It loaded something but problem was still there. Guess I will have to live with it. David

David, It sounds like a reset, did it revert back to factory settings. are your updates free or were they on subscription. your head unit is 10 years old so It's possible its either a software or hardware issue. Normally a reset fixes many problems like this so it indicates the problem lies elsewhere.

I assume everything was working OK before and the round trip was not  greyed out. Have you tried entering different destinations to see if this makes an difference. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links