Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 5th gen

chilaspt

Hi Everyone,

What would you recommend as a steering lock? The Milenco or the Stoplock Pro?

Or maybe something different? 

Thanks,

ChilasPT

Either. Both work equally well so I recommend you try both and see which one is least likely to become a chore first. If you don't use it, it won't work so you need one that is easy and convenient for you.

I've got the Milenco (yellow version) and very happy with how it fits etc.

• Like 1

Thanks, I've purchased both, I feel the milenco is easier to fit, but that the Stoplock may be harder to remove, even if they cut the steering wheel.

Can you show me how you are installing your milenco? Maybe i have room for improvement

Thanks again 

Thanks for replying!

I always use a steering lock, you a re right, no good for it to be in the boot:)

Regards 

Stoplock for me. Dead easy to fit and can't miss it. I initially got the pro elite but found that too big and the pro is a much better fit on 70 plate.

10 hours ago, chilaspt said:

Hi Everyone,

What would you recommend as a steering lock? The Milenco or the Stoplock Pro?

Or maybe something different? 

Thanks,

ChilasPT

milenco all the way for me........

Stoplock Pro for me

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

I've got the Milenco (yellow version) and very happy with how it fits etc.

I bought a Milenco after reading here; don't you think it's a bit loose as it can only go in the two spokes at 9 and 3 o'clock positions. The bottom spoke is too large to fit it there.

16 minutes ago, Torrox said:

I bought a Milenco after reading here; don't you think it's a bit loose as it can only go in the two spokes at 9 and 3 o'clock positions. The bottom spoke is too large to fit it there.

I’d rather that than a tight fit. I have a large yellow (Costco) microfibre cloth which I put on the wheel as protection and fit the Milenco over that. No marks on the steering wheel etc. 

• Like 2

I have the Stoplock Pro, easy to fit and doesn't leave a mark. I also almost always don't toot the horn when taking it off at 6:50am 🙄

• Haha 1

I know! Same thing happens to me when I use it over the Milenco, a part of me hopes would be thief's will also  make the horn go off somehow lol

On 3/15/2024 at 9:19 AM, ernieb said:

I’d rather that than a tight fit. I have a large yellow (Costco) microfibre cloth which I put on the wheel as protection and fit the Milenco over that. No marks on the steering wheel etc. 

I do similar using a Stoplock Pro Elite. The arm of the lock is large and risks bashing the screen so I wrapped it in two Kirkland (Costco) microfibre clothes (cut along their length), secured with pvc and soft masking tape. This way the steering wheel is protected and so is the screen. The padding means the arm sits away from the screen which is helpful. See images..

IMG_2974.jpeg

IMG_2975.jpeg

• Like 1

Just bought a Stoplock Pro Elite from Argus, they have an offer. The locking tangs are far enough apart to straddle the spokes on the wheel so I think you would have to cut the wheel in two places to get it off. Added bonus is that the yellow arm bit blocks the gear lever

1 hour ago, DRS300 said:

Just bought a Stoplock Pro Elite from Argus, they have an offer. The locking tangs are far enough apart to straddle the spokes on the wheel so I think you would have to cut the wheel in two places to get it off. Added bonus is that the yellow arm bit blocks the gear lever

If the StopLock is on the spoke then I suspect you would have to cut in 3 places - either side of the lock body and also the spoke itself. It depends just how much lateral movement is available after the first cut.
Certainly putting it on the wheel rim makes life a lot easier for the equipped scumbag.

Strangely - I bow to your knowledge of thievery😇

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links