Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PCS light randomly comes on

JayCee88

I would appreciate some thoughts on this issue please. Whilst driving today I noticed the yellow PCS (Pre-Collision alert system) came on the dash. 

I checked the settings in the menu and it was showing as turned on. I tried to turn it off and on again, but the light stays on. After few minutes of driving the light finally goes off when I tried turning it off and on again. It never came back on.

Conditions were foggy but not too bad. Is this a random hiccup? I did have the Battery go completely flat few weeks ago, but I have fully charged it back and no faults since.

Possibly condensation. Twice had similar with our I20 in damp, foggy weather.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Possibly condensation. Twice had similar with our I20 in damp, foggy weather.

Yes, good point. There was definitely some condensation in the interior.

Hi Johnathan,fog can interfere with the PCS system's radar or camera sensor. This is because these sensors rely on light waves to detect objects in front of the car. Fog can scatter or absorb these waves, making it difficult for the sensor to get a clear picture of the road. This is the most likely explanation given that the light went off after you cycled the system power and the fog was the only unusual condition present. It's possible that the PCS system experienced a temporary malfunction. Electronic systems can sometimes glitch for various reasons, and restarting the system by turning it off and on can sometimes resolve these issues.

The radar or camera sensor itself could be malfunctioning but this is highly unlikely in you case.

Is you car an import.:smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links