Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse camera

Cee00

I bought a Toyota aygo a few months ago and the reverse camera has never worked. Everything else on the screen works without issue but when I switch into reverse the screen goes black. 

Any advice on how to fix this appreciated. 

Hi Courtney,the screen will go blank when you reverse because the display unit might not be receiving a signal from the camera. There could be a couple of reasons for this.

Its possible a loose or damaged cable between the camera and the display unit could be interrupting the signal. This is a common thing and relatively easy to check.The camera itself could be malfunctioning and not sending a signal to the display unit.This would require a replacement camera, Hope this helps:smile: 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have 2015 toyota aygo x-cite (bought in 2022) and I have a similar problem. The reverse camera has never worked. While reversing there is no change on the screen, no black or anything, still shows music. It seems as if the car doesn't even know there is a camera (it's there, I checked haha). I found on the internet which cabel and pin is assigned for this, so I unplugged it and plugged again but as expected there is no change. I think I have a x-nav version if that makes difference. The gear works fine, I can reverse and the white light turns on. If you have any ideas what may be the problem or if there was a similar discussion let me know. Thanks

Hi Julia, you mention that the camera has never worked since you have owned it and this gives the likely possibility that the camera itself is faulty. You also say that you have unplugged and plugged back in again with no change. Did the connection click when you plugged it back in, if not it may not be making a good connection. You could try doing this again to make sure. Its possible that a camera was installed by the previous owner and this isn't compatible with the X-Nav system.

There are ways to test the cable connecting the camera to the display unit. One method is to use a multimeter to check for continuity along the cable. This involves disconnecting both ends of the cable at the camera and at the display unit, setting the multimeter to measure continuity, and then touching the probes to each end of the cable. If there is continuity, it means the cable is not broken and is transmitting electricity properly.

Additionally, you can try using a different cable or temporarily bypassing the existing cable to see if the camera works with a known good cable. If the camera works with a different cable, then the original cable is likely faulty. If the camera still doesn't work, then the issue may well be with the camera itself or the display unit. Hope this helps:smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links