Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris Hybrid Battery Levels

KayNicka

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can advise further, I have a Auris 2014 Hybrid, it passed its last hybrid Battery health check last year which the result was "Good", however this year the Battery drains out really quick and charges up fast and its only been a matter of months since the check, it doesnt seem to hold Battery for more than 5 mins so I dont understand how it passed the health check.

Would the hybrid battery be eligible under the battery warranty to get replaced for free by toyota or would the battery have to totally fail (not start up) to which then it would be covered under the warranty? To which if neither of these would they charge me if I wanted to get it replaced now as its still charging up and down.

Thanks,

Hi, 

you have the typical symptoms of weak hybrid Battery., the good news is that it will be replaced under warranty if you have up to date service from official Toyota dealers and valid health check and the car has not been used as taxi. 
To get warranty replacement you will need to have first fault P0A80 displayed on screen , book an appointment with dealer and pay £130:for diagnostic. Then the dealer will confirm the faulty Battery, request a replacement from Toyota GB and once approved it will book you in to fit the new Battery. Not sure if they reimburse you for the diagnostic, but even if they don’t still you are saving tons of money. I had replace my battery 11 days ago and if you haven’t read yet about it you can do here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that! sure good to know that it would be covered. I wanted to ask you with your hybrid Battery fan filter was that upto maintenence (free from build up), reason I ask is that was that the reason why your Battery failed or was it just due to age of the car? Just want to kind of get an idea on why my Battery might be failing

10 minutes ago, KayNicka said:

Thanks for that! sure good to know that it would be covered. I wanted to ask you with your hybrid battery fan filter was that upto maintenence (free from build up), reason I ask is that was that the reason why your battery failed or was it just due to age of the car? Just want to kind of get an idea on why my battery might be failing

Hi, 

my Battery has failed because it was old and high miles, 13.5 years and 268500 miles. The Battery fan was cleaned properly at 140000  and 240000 miles and actually never been dirty. It’s just the age and mileage and the chemistry of the Battery cells. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Kay,

Just out of interest, how many miles has your car covered?

Also, it would be really useful if you could post on the forum what happens next with your Battery problem.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 3:12 PM, KayNicka said:

Thanks for that! sure good to know that it would be covered. I wanted to ask you with your hybrid battery fan filter was that upto maintenence (free from build up), reason I ask is that was that the reason why your battery failed or was it just due to age of the car? Just want to kind of get an idea on why my battery might be failing

keep your hybrid system check until 15y. most likely you will get a new Battery for free that way.  50£ a year is cheaper for your next 5 years

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links