Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Excel Y24 why sometimes beep when locking doors

MardyMarvin

I have looked in the manual for anything obvious but could not see anything under locking doors. Even using search I could not seem to find an answer to my question.

I have an Yaris Excel model and sometimes when locking the car and the wing mirrors folding in the car beeps a few times. It does not seem to do this every time though so I am not sure why its beeping.

Does anyone have an idea why it does this occasionally and what it actually means.

Same on my CHR - I think it is something to do with the key being in close proximity to the car when locking, but not sure 

Hi Marvin,some Toyota models allow you to enable or disable a confirmation beep when locking the car. It's possible this feature is enabled on your Yaris but set to activate only sometimes.

Again some cars beep if the lock cycle isn't completed successfully due to an obstruction in the door or boot latch, or a malfunction in the locking mechanism.  Since it happens occasionally, this could be a possibility.

Look in your owners manual for sections on locking features, custom settings, or key fob functionalities to see if there's an option to enable/disable the locking beep.

Sometimes a double press of the lock button on the key fob can ensure a complete locking cycle. If a beep occurs only on the single press, this might confirm the partial lock theory.Hope this helps.:smile:

Thanks Chriss27 : I did think about this but it has happened when both using the key fob to lock so not really that close to the car and also when using the touch thing to close the car.

Thanks Bper I always double lock the doors and thought about this but then checking the app it shows all doors locked so I dont think its that. 

So I have ended up going through the manual looking for keyword buzzer and I think but not sure that it could be related to the annoying back seat reminder (as for some reason people forget they have kids in the back). What I did not realise is that it also does it for a passenger seat (In case you have forgotten you have a passenger). From reading the manual it alerts you on the screen when you turn off the car but also makes a sound when locking the car.

I shall have to have an experiment later and see if this is why sometimes it does it and sometimes not as I do occasionally have a passenger in the passenger seat and did not think about this as I thought it was just for back seats.

From the manual :

Passenger and rear seat reminder function

As the first reminder so as not to forget luggage, etc. in the front passenger seat or a rear seat, when the power switch is turned off after any of the following conditions are met, a buzzer will sound and a message will be displayed on the multi-information display for approximately 6 seconds.

Also, as the second reminder, when the doors are locked, a buzzer will sound and the emergency flashers will flash for a few seconds, and a message will be displayed on the multi-information display.

I can confirm that this is the situation. If it beeps on locking its because you have had a passenger in either back seats or passenger seats. If you are the only one to have driven it wont beep.

2 hours ago, MardyMarvin said:

I can confirm that this is the situation. If it beeps on locking its because you have had a passenger in either back seats or passenger seats. If you are the only one to have driven it wont beep.

Just out of curiosity, is the trigger that something has physically been on the seat or simply that a passenger door was opened? (The rear seat belts warning on my MK3 is the latter.)

It Beeps to tell you it can not lock the doors as the door is not closed properly

lightly close a door and try to lock the car

Edited by flash22

21 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It Beeps to tell you it can not lock the doors as the door is not closed properly

lightly close a door and try to lock the car

In the situation I am referring to its nothing to do with the doors not being locked

1 hour ago, MikeSh said:

Just out of curiosity, is the trigger that something has physically been on the seat or simply that a passenger door was opened? (The rear seat belts warning on my MK3 is the latter.)

from the quick testing it seems to be only the fact that the doors have been opened and closed as if someone is getting in the car then after the journey will it beep at you when turning the car off and show on the screen but then also when locking the car it beeps again.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links