Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Road tax

Eddiefh

Hi all does anybody know if I started last year to pay tax as a direct debit does it automatically continue once the year is up and what happens if tax has gone up does the direct debit increase according?
, do I get a form of dvla to change back to one payment or does it carry on ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddiefh said:

Hi all does anybody know if I started last year to pay tax as a direct debit does it automatically continue once the year is up and what happens if tax has gone up does the direct debit increase according?
, do I get a form of dvla to change back to one payment or does it carry on ? 

Hi Eddie

It will automatically continue until you stop it (when selling the car for example), it should also update the payment amount if needed 

I have both of my cars on direct debit monthly 

• Like 3

Hi Eddie,your vehicle tax Direct Debit typically renews automatically when your current tax expires, assuming you remain the registered keeper and the vehicle has a valid MOT.  This means you don't need to worry about renewing it manually.

If the tax rate for your vehicle has increased, the Direct Debit will automatically be adjusted to reflect the new amount. You won't receive a separate notification about this.

To change your payment frequency from automatic renewal to a one off payment, you won't receive a specific form from the DVLA. You'll need to manage this directly through your chosen payment method usually your bank or via the DVLA website https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-direct-debit. There you can cancel the Direct Debit and make a one time payment.hope this helps.:smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Small note: You pay an extra 5% if you pay monthly or 6-monthly, compared to annually.

• Like 2

Thanks all for great responses 

• Like 3

Kids say thanks from Yorkshire wildlife park 

IMG_5529.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

DD basically gives the third-party carte blanche access to your account so they can alter the amount taken at will - They will most likely automatically update the amount without notification. It will continue perpetually unless you cancel it (Which is important if you change cars!)

8 hours ago, APS said:

Small note: You pay an extra 5% if you pay monthly or 6-monthly, compared to annually.

Is that even with direct debit?? That's just robbery if it is! :eek:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links