Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pricing & sales process for new GR Yaris

FROSTYBALLS

That's great but giant flaming frostyballs £60,000??!?!? :eek: :wacko:

And to think the original was so cheap it didn't even trip the premium car tax!!! That one really was a bargain - These have gone too far the other way I fear...!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cyker said:

And to think the original was so cheap it didn't even trip the premium car tax!!! That one really was a bargain - These have gone too far the other way I fear...!

Should do wonders for the residuals of existing GR's!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

I agree the original GR Circuit Pack i had on order and i think it was 33-34k BUT i cancelled the order as the waiting time was too long and bought a VW Golf R.

I am glad in the end as they are a great car if you have another daily but my friend has one and it has it limitations as a daily.

However anyone buying an original has done well on resale values even though the market is getting flooded with second hand ones.

I do think the new one is nicer but not a 44k car but saying that the new CHR isn't a 44k car it's just the crazy prices of new cars.

• Like 1

We knew they were making losses on the GR Yaris - it was simply a cost of racing and homologation. They are now turning this into a viable business. I think the prices are realistic and means that they can support and cater for the customer segment that buys them. It is still one of a kind. There is nothing else out there like it. This just further cements its status as a future classic. 

• Like 4

Over-priced. It's competing with luxury cars with serious performance.

If I could afford this, I'd stretch for a Lexus RC.

• Like 1

The thing is there are loads of those on the market, but still nothing really like this...

To be fair the 60k is for the signature models, which I guess they are going with the guitar world's pricing for signature models :laugh: 

But I think the price point for the regular model has gone up enough to make it a much harder sell than the original one. It's no longer in the price bracket for enthusiasts as the original one was, and the fact that it'll also cost owners another what, £2k over its life because of it crossing the premium car tax boundary just adds to the cost...

It'll reduce the scalping the first one had I suspect at least...

• Like 1

The GR is not competing with luxury cars. You could argue it competes with others like the Civic Type R, Golf R, AMG A45, RS 3, 2M, Focus ST, i30N. Because some of the punters who consider those cars may opt for a Yaris instead. The bargain basement i30N starts at £35k, the Ford just under £40k, the rest are north of £50k. Unlike those, the Yaris is unique in that it is not trying to be a practical family hatch or a GT, or luxurious. It is a homologation car made to be driven, hard. That's it. There is nothing else like it. In terms of customer appeal it is really for enthusiasts. Whether you are a rally aficionado, collector, or a track day rat. It is the only car that Toyota sells, and the only one out of those I listed above, where the manufacturer's warranty explicitly covers track day use.

A good illustration of how little Toyota charged for these cars; Those customers that opted for the Convenience Pack and later decided they wanted to retrofit the LSDs (£2000), big brake kits (£5000), and BBS alloys (£6000) realised that it would have been a bit cheaper to just pay the extra £3000 for the Track pack from the start. 

Behind the scenes, unlike any of the other cars I mentioned, the Yaris shares very little with its namesake standard model. Pretty much everything from parts to the way it is put together is unique. Now they've even got rid of the dash and centre console from the normal Yaris. Assembled on the same production line as the old LFA and by the most senior workers. For those that appreciate all this, £44k is good value. 

The signature models are there to show what you can do with the platform and to allow those that are willing to pay a bit extra to distinguish from the rest. This is where Toyota will be raking in some extra cash to secure the future of this project. Let's hope they still see some use and don't just turn into collector's objects.

• Like 3

Yeah, the thing is £30k was an absolute bargain for such a car. £45k is probably a more sustainable price, but it's definitely in the same realm as other performance cars now.

It is good value, but I would say it's now fairly priced, but no longer a bargain.

I just wish they'd kept it under that £40k mark... It just doesn't feel right that anything called a Yaris attracts a premium car tax! :wacko::laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Cyker said:

It just doesn't feel right that anything called a Yaris attracts a premium car tax!

I know what you mean. But it's just a name. 😉 That tax band is out of date. I should be closer to £60k. 

• Like 3

More tax so they won't increase it any time soon!

The way you described what you're getting is a good point. Still can't afford one right now. 😓

• Like 2

Here in Portugal the online reservation started this week with just 2 options :

White with manual transmission €59.824

Grey heavy with auto transmission €66.824

Prices are taxes included.

A big rise when compared to 1st gen with circuit pack was around €45K

• Like 1

That converts as £57,131.65 at today's rate for the UK which is pretty close to the £60K quoted to me at my dealer...

That is one hell of an expensive auto box for ~£6K!!! (then again, it is supposed to be best in class...)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links