Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coming from auris excel, are these really missing?

mikmikmikmik

I just bought a Corolla 2020 UK Icon Tech pack:

Am I stupid or are these missing because it's an icon with tech pack?

Smart keyless entry. I put my hand on the door handle. The car does NOT unlock. I think Toyota call this "Entry function".

No Little shallow tray in centre console at between seats, only seems to open to the larger hole.

No auto high beam, only auto main beam.

Thanks.

Edited by mikmikmikmik

29 minutes ago, mikmikmikmik said:

No auto high beam, only auto main beam.

Surely 'high beam' is the same as 'main beam'.

Please update your profile to include the Corolla.

• Like 1

Hi Michael,I believe the keyless entry is missing from the Icon trim and standard on higher trims like Design or Excel.,other owners have also reported they had been surprised it didn't come with it.

Auto high beam vs auto main beam:

This is a slight difference in terminology. Both features achieve a similar result.

Auto main beam likely refers to automatically switching headlights from low beam to high beam in darker conditions and back to low beam when it detects oncoming traffic. This is the functionality you likely have.

Auto high beam might be a specific term used by Toyota for a slightly more advanced system, but in most cases, auto main beam should provide the automatic headlight adjustment you'd expect.Hope this helps:smile:

Mine is icon tech 2022 and I have both smart keyless opening and the auto head lights + auto main beam + even the self parking which I've never used - not even a single time. 

27 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Surely 'high beam' is the same as 'main beam'.

Please update your profile to include the Corolla.

I think OP means “auto lights” as in “activated at dusk”

and

Auto high beam as the anti dazzle feature for high beam (AHS)

• Like 1

Auto high beam button on the row of buttons on the dash beside the driver's door, so that is sorted.

Your auto keyless entry, does your door handle look  like an ordinary door handle with just the key hole and no sensor type panel visible on the back of the door handle if you can see it?

No auto folding mirrors either which is what I have used for years on the Auris as a visual inspection that I did press the lock on the remote. Can I configure somewhere for the car to beep on lock/unlock?

The little missing centre console tray noweans I have to find somewhere else easy to get to for my license.

Thanks 

I also miss the auto folding door mirrors on my icon as they were an easy way to know if the car was locked. 

Instead I have to look at the security light on the dash, it’s solid red when the car is first locked.

Or the red paint on the door locks in the front doors, but they’re not as easy to see. 

54 minutes ago, mikmikmikmik said:

Auto high beam button on the row of buttons on the dash beside the driver's door, so that is sorted.

Your auto keyless entry, does your door handle look  like an ordinary door handle with just the key hole and no sensor type panel visible on the back of the door handle if you can see it?

No auto folding mirrors either which is what I have used for years on the Auris as a visual inspection that I did press the lock on the remote. Can I configure somewhere for the car to beep on lock/unlock?

The little missing centre console tray noweans I have to find somewhere else easy to get to for my license.

Thanks 

Icon trims from 2019 until 2021 where absolutely basic models all these little but important extras were not included. From middle 2021 onwards icon tech gets fog lights, smart entry , self parking, spare tyre with higher boot floor, so much better equipped cars. Still no electronically folding side mirrors and auto dim rear view mirror. 
I was thinking of upgrading to Corolla but couldn’t afford excel and decided to save my old and fully specked Auris instead. 

The self parking, my auris also had that, well until some Muppet with a tow bar reversed into the back bumper and then Toyota said it needed the bumper fixed and the sensors recalibrated. I just let the bumper be broken and didn't get it fixed.

The Corolla also has self parking and I tried it last night, but I kept my foot OFF the brake and it scared the pants off me with the speed it did the reversing. Should it really go that fast? Should I be keeping my foot on the brake to slow it down?

• Haha 1

Yeah you should control the speed using the brake, I think it is mentioned in the user manual

When I had the RAV4, I bought something like this and wired it up to fold the mirrors.

I am NOT talking about doing the same here since they are manual mirrors, but I could use something like this to make a beeper sound rather than folding mirrors when the car is locked/unlocked, as long as the wiring colours are the same.

Anyone got a wiring diagram for the Corolla?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32999818858.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.439a154ehlrr3E&browser_id=3f733795af284046bb7cd8b6b6905757&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=kpwmhhwqotycazlg18e861525f3c4c2603ab103f13&gclid=&pdp_npi=4%40dis!GBP!17.06!17.06!!!20.91!20.91!%40210387dd17116465167132773e3e67!12000015985063591!sea!UK!0!AB&algo_pvid=bed3b742-b0f3-4ad5-8d37-63678c780736

Mine also flashes the indicators when you lock/unlock - it’s always done it, but may be a setting you can turn on. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links