Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chipped paint

Desy

I have just taken charge of my Rav 4 GR Sport one week ago and washed I for the first time and found three little chipped paint marks on the car facia under the front bumper area.

they are clearly uniform as though something had hit it,could anyone please inform me if their is a cooling off period on bodywork or is it down to the retailer to determine it’s been done after you have bought it,I’ve only driven it a couple of times since I’ve had the car 

(which I love by the way) it really is fabulous in all departments a massive difference to the three year old self charging hybrid Rav 4 I had previously had.i wanted a PHEV 

thanks for any reply’s guys Desi.

IMG_5386.jpeg

IMG_5385.jpeg

IMG_5384.jpeg

The paint is covered against manufacturing defects for three years under the paint and surface rust warranty. I'd take it back to the dealer for them to inspect. May arrange for a smart repair.

Buy a touch up paint from the dealer matching the colour and fix it yourself then forget it. Life is too short to worry about small things like that.

Hi Desy,Unfortunately, there's no general cooling off period for car bodywork once you take possession of the vehicle, it becomes your responsibility.Proving a manufacturer paint defect may be a problem.

Have a word with the dealer and explain the situation. Since it's a nearly brand new car with minimal mileage, they might be willing to fix the chips as a gesture of goodwill, especially if you bought an extended warranty or service package.The key is proving the damage existed before you purchased the car. Did you do a thorough inspection during the handover or not, it will be difficult to prove it wasn't caused during your brief ownership.I would contact the dealers and explain the situation. But be polite and express your disappointment, it's surprising how doing this can often work.

Take clear close up photos of the chips and  any other relevant details If the dealer is hesitant, ask them about their policy on such situations.  If the dealership isn't helpful, you may have to swallow it and get one of the mobile chip repair companies to repair the chips for you. It will he cheaper then a garage. Hope this helps.:smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bper said:

Hi Desy,Unfortunately, there's no general cooling off period for car bodywork once you take possession of the vehicle, it becomes your responsibility.Proving a manufacturer paint defect may be a problem.

Have a word with the dealer and explain the situation. Since it's a nearly brand new car with minimal mileage, they might be willing to fix the chips as a gesture of goodwill, especially if you bought an extended warranty or service package.The key is proving the damage existed before you purchased the car. Did you do a thorough inspection during the handover or not, it will be difficult to prove it wasn't caused during your brief ownership.I would contact the dealers and explain the situation. But be polite and express your disappointment, it's surprising how doing this can often work.

Take clear close up photos of the chips and  any other relevant details If the dealer is hesitant, ask them about their policy on such situations.  If the dealership isn't helpful, you may have to swallow it and get one of the mobile chip repair companies to repair the chips for you. It will he cheaper then a garage. Hope this helps.:smile:

Thanks for your input Bper,your dead right and that is the exact approach I took I had taken a three year service warranty package anyway and a Toyota recomended chip repair insurance for three years as I generally do.
However the retailer has said they will do the repair for me so happy days.

Thanks guys 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links