Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 car settings...where are they?!

Johnny R

Hi all

I just got a Corolla Excel. Despite spending a very long time with the manual, I cannot access things like HUD height adjustment, tyre pressure monitor etc.

They simply aren't there. Also, I'm pretty sure my dealer screwed up and registered me as guest driver so I re-registered myself . But have so far failed to

then add that to My Toyota app, (Error, try again later)

Thanks in advance for your help

John

Hi John,I would double check the manual for your specific Corolla Excel trim level. Some features like HUD  might only be available in higher trims.For tyre pressure monitoring, not all Corollas have them,have a look if there is a window sticker it sometimes tells you or ask the dealer to confirm if your car has a TPMS.

The Error, try again later message might be a temporary glitch with the app. I would try it again later, after a few hours or the next day. Make sure you have a good internet connection while registering on the app.If the error persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the My Toyota app. By registering yourself as the owner on the app is the right thing to do as guest drivers do not have access to all features.Hope this helps.:smile:

There’s a split between settings in the infotainment unit and others in the dashboard. 

if you call up the dashboard settings there are also sub menus with additional settings. 

it’s not straightforward to use as all they have are ABC etc instead of the actual names, they could do with changing the way settings are updated. 

IMG_2286.jpeg

InstructionManual_Toyota_DisplayCockpit.pdf

As submitted previously, this is a clear and concise breakdown of dash controls...forget the BOOK

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Johnny R said:

Hi all

I just got a Corolla Excel. Despite spending a very long time with the manual, I cannot access things like HUD height adjustment, tyre pressure monitor etc.

They simply aren't there. Also, I'm pretty sure my dealer screwed up and registered me as guest driver so I re-registered myself . But have so far failed to

then add that to My Toyota app, (Error, try again later)

Thanks in advance for your help

John

Hi, I have a 23, Excel, in the dash menu press the ok button on the steering wheel in settings, HUD Main is first in the list, quick press ok to toggle on and off, long press to access position etc. 

For tyre pressure, go back to dash main screen and move to on of your 3 display screens, press and hold ok and move twice left or right, switch on the options you want to choose from in that display, tyre pressure is one of them, come out of that and use up and down arrows to move to type pressures, note it takes a few min after engine start/ready mode for it to detect the pressures. 

Guest driver is the default and if it doesn’t detect you from your phone if you set it up, you can select the main driver in the infotainment screen or register one. If not set up correctly delete drivers, or add them and register phone or reset and start again 
There are many options to work through till you get what you like  

Tip, adaptive high beams, just switch on the button lower right of steering wheel and don’t change the stalk, it’s all automatic and very good, it stays on high beam and doesn’t dazzle anyone.

Note, the HUD will display not only Toyota navigation but also Apple or Waze.

Wow thank you so much all. I did download the manual specific to the car's VIN so the manual should be correct.

And it definitely has HUD as I can see it, just a little too low.

I had a look just now and the car has decided to reset itself back to language choice plus My Toyota app is down...tech problems apparently. Toyata tech pretty impressive so far!!

Onwards and upwards 😊😊

Hi all

I've been ludicrously busy so only had a chance to follow your advice just now. I've found HUD and raised it. Next job is driver set-up and tyre pressure display.

Thank you again for your help.

This is where clubs like these really shine.

All the bst

John

• Like 1

Hi John,

Took delivery of my new Corolla TS Excel just over a week ago and noticed that the HUD was a little too high and slightly off horizontal. Used Settings in the central area of the dash to drop down a list of features that can be modified and, lo and behold, the HUD was featured. It was then possible to lower it and level it. Brightness could also be adjusted.

Still learning about customising the car - I am currently looking to turn off the annoying repeated beeps the sound when exceeding the speed limit - the flashing speed limit sign is enough warning for me.

Hope this helps anyway.

Thank you Paul. I'm still learning mine. Not helped by 3 weeks solid 7 days a week work! I found the HUD setting using the info supplied by you guys but I think I only found height and brightness. Mine looks slightly crooked and my last car had a setting to correct that. I was unlucky in that the sales lady who did my handover basically didn't give a *****T as she was leaving that day. So I received zero training. In fairness, the dealer phoned me and has arranged for me to visit and have a proper new car handover.

There is a rotation setting right below the height/brightness option. Not sure why they didn't group all 3.

I may be incorrect - above based on Yaris hud adjustment so apologies if misleading but imagine menu is similar 

Thanks for that...I will have a look again but due to work, not till Wednesday.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links