Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xenon headlight downgrade to halogen

ShadowStorm

Hi guys my first post here hope everyone is doing well! 

I bought a vehicle which has the wrong headlights installed my car requires the full LED variant part number 81110-02k70 is there any way of downgrading to halogen headlamps if so anyone in London or within the M25 area that can do this will save me a ton of money. Any help will be much appreciated!

Car currently keeps throwing up a message on the dash regarding the headlights otherwise they are working just fine.

Did you consider trying to get the message removed. Maybe it might be an option.

What year/model Auris do you have abd whats the error message on the dash?

I didnt think xenon was an option. Unless someone has fitted an aftermarket upgrade (to a halogen headlight).

22 hours ago, ShadowStorm said:

Hi guys my first post here hope everyone is doing well! 

I bought a vehicle which has the wrong headlights installed my car requires the full LED variant part number 81110-02k70 is there any way of downgrading to halogen headlamps if so anyone in London or within the M25 area that can do this will save me a ton of money. Any help will be much appreciated!

Car currently keeps throwing up a message on the dash regarding the headlights otherwise they are working just fine.

the halogen in Auris 2 is terrible and dangerously too dim.  just get a used LED headlight unit. you will regret changing to halogen.  besides that,  the wiring is different

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 10:20 PM, Bernard Foy said:

Did you consider trying to get the message removed. Maybe it might be an option.

Yes im considering this however i don't know anyone that can do this in london

17 hours ago, AisinW said:

the halogen in Auris 2 is terrible and dangerously too dim.  just get a used LED headlight unit. you will regret changing to halogen.  besides that,  the wiring is different

Car came with halogens and they are fine to me tbh, headlights i require are £1k each from toyota and cannot be found used at all

The actual headlights are made by Valeo. Autodoc sometimes have them for 1/2 price. It is fine if you are fine with the halogen. Many Auris2 owners cry about the halogen headlights because of the projector beam with 1 bulb instead of 2 bulbs like Auris1. 

I dont think replacing your headlights will fix a "headlight system malfunction" error.

Firstly, the headlights are not canbus connected. Its a simple 12v supply for dip, high, tail and drl lights. Theres is no feedback to the body ECU on the Toyota wiring diagrams.

If this is the error you are seeing,  then its likely related to the "auto high beam" feature which comes with TSS models (Toyota Safety Sense).. eg if it has cameras attached to windscreen behind rear view mirror.

Check camera vision on windcscreen is clean as a basic check. Otherwise its likely to be a TSS communication related issue with body/dash ECU.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, Toyota has no Canbus on their bulbs, no feedback if any of the bulb is burned. The Toyota Safety Sense connect the high and low beam with the sensors and camear on the windscreen. If you connect the wrong headlights, the communication for high and low beam will be problematic. The LED headlights has separate high beam source, the halogen has only shutter and different connectors on the wiring. 

4 hours ago, AisinW said:

Yes, Toyota has no Canbus on their bulbs, no feedback if any of the bulb is burned. The Toyota Safety Sense connect the high and low beam with the sensors and camear on the windscreen. If you connect the wrong headlights, the communication for high and low beam will be problematic. The LED headlights has separate high beam source, the halogen has only shutter and different connectors on the wiring. 

It may have a seperate light source but electrical source/supply/signal is still the same, albeit a different physical connector. The led light just has a voltage regultor to drive the high and low beam led light sources.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links