Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heated Steering

Moe Ali

does  C-HR 2020 has Heated Steering, after almost 4 years, only yesterday was feeling that Steering Heater is ON.

please help if YES to find Location, I never seen it anywhere.

The availability of the Heated Steering Wheel is grade (and year) dependent - you don't say which grade of C-HR you have ...

The heated steering wheel switch is in the row on the lower dash between the steering wheel and the driver's door. It has a fairly obvious "heated steering wheel" logo - so if you haven't already seen it, your grade of C-HR probably doesn't have it. See also the downloadable Owner's Manual ...

• Like 3

Hi Mo,The 2020 Toyota C-HR may have a heated steering wheel, but it depends on the trim level. The heated steering wheel was usually only available on the higher trim levels, such as the Excel and GR Sport in the UK market UK Toyota C-HR Equipment Specifications.

You might not have noticed it before, If you don't have one of the higher trim levels, your C-HR may not have a heated steering wheel, It's possible you hadn't needed to use the heated steering wheel until recently.The heated steering wheel button might be easy to miss. It can be located on the steering wheel itself, either as a single button or integrated with other steering wheel controls.Without knowing your trim levels it's difficult to sat exactly where it is located.Have you looked in your owners manual it should tell you the location of the switch, the manual might be generic across the CH-R range so it may still show it but your trim level may not have it. Hope this helps.:smile:

• Like 3

thanks so much, after I went through Owner Manual. I found it, Never Used it Before.

Its Next to Fuel Filling Door Opener, see the Photo attached. 

Thanks for your Support.

Steering Heater

steering heater ON OFF switch.jpg

• Like 1

FYI not available in U.K. on new CHR 

• Like 2

My 2021 C-HR Dynamic does not have heated steering wheel, but does have heated front seats.  I find this more useful, as my wife has back problems.  For myself, driving gloves are better as they make a heated wheel unnecessary, and they improve grip on the wheel.  Plus, the gloves can’t go wrong, and cheap to replace when they wear out! 🫠

• Like 3

On 4/1/2024 at 12:29 PM, Haliotis said:

My 2021 C-HR Dynamic does not have heated steering wheel, but does have heated front seats.  I find this more useful, as my wife has back problems.  For myself, driving gloves are better as they make a heated wheel unnecessary, and they improve grip on the wheel.  Plus, the gloves can’t go wrong, and cheap to replace when they wear out! 🫠

And a flat cap??

• Haha 4

I always have driving gloves in car for use in winter. I’ve never been a lover of heated steering wheels. And yes, I do have a flat cap 😀

• Haha 5

23 hours ago, Chas G said:

And a flat cap??

What’s wrong with a flat cap?.  At one time this was a ‘must’ for drivers in the sporting fraternity -especially the Upper-crust group with the Bentleys, Lagondas, E-type Jags and the like!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing wrong, they're just joking around :laugh: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haliotis said:

What’s wrong with a flat cap?.  At one time this was a ‘must’ for drivers in the sporting fraternity -especially the Upper-crust group with the Bentleys, Lagondas, E-type Jags and the like!

Absolutely nothing wrong with a flat cap but in a powerful sporting car like the yaris, it should be worn with the peak at the back......and don't forget the tartan rug on the back seat. 🤪

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Chas G said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with a flat cap but in a powerful sporting car like the yaris, it should be worn with the peak at the back......and don't forget the tartan rug on the back seat. 🤪

Wow, Chas, I totally forgot about the tartan rug, and the wicker picnic set.  Always did want a nice little MG or Morgan sports car as an extra vehicle for leisure, but could never afford one.  Wrong type of flat cap owner, you see! 😩

• Haha 5

I've got a baker boy hat which i wear when driving or out walking. Mind you this is much more to protect my head. My mate had a MGB roadster and when I was seventeen he asked if wanted to go to Spain in it.

I said yes and from memory the journey was long and very tying. We spent one night in a Hotel in France and driving up the Pyrenees mountains and into spain was memorable. On the way back we drove to San tropez and it was so expensive we spent the night in the car close to the harbour yachts but the noise from the bells on top of the masts was so loud that it kept us up most of the night.:sleep1:

I would do the journey again but in a car that didn't feel like it was 6 inches off the floor and would require a new spine when you got back.:wheelchair:Mind you it was a nice car but out of my price range as a young apprentice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Good grief you slept in an MGB?! :eek:  It's amazing you didn't come out permanently L-shaped!! :laugh: 

At least when I had to sleep in my Yaris the seats reclined!! :laugh: (I still wouldn't recommend it, especially in a car park that is near the sea! :eek:  Sweet mother the seagulls in the morning! I thought there was a riot going on!! :fear: )

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Good grief you slept in an MGB?! :eek:  It's amazing you didn't come out permanently L-shaped!! :laugh: 

At least when I had to sleep in my Yaris the seats reclined!! :laugh: (I still wouldn't recommend it, especially in a car park that is near the sea! :eek:  Sweet mother the seagulls in the morning! I thought there was a riot going on!! :fear: )

That has just reminded me of being on a caravan site in the 80's. Bloke in the next caravan used to come back drunk and make a right row at gone midnight and wake us up. I have always been an early riser so for the rest of his holiday I got up at 7am while he was sleeping it off and threw bread on to the roof of his caravan. It was hilarious watching the seagulls descend and make a terrible row. We very nearly gave the game away though by laughing when he ranted on about the seagulls waking him up.

• Haha 6

Slept, well not so much slept as tossing and turning and shivering in a hired fiat panda with fixed upright seats.

Mid 80s on the way from Austria to Italy just when every Italian and his wife and his children and his cousins were setting off in the other direction for annual holidays.

So every hotel,b&b, guesthouse,road house and ******* house was full to overflowing.

Gf at the time was very easy going through, thankfully, still friends even now, she's the one with the Aygo.

Made sure that I never got caught in the dolomites again I can tell you.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Chas G said:

That has just reminded me of being on a caravan site in the 80's. Bloke in the next caravan used to come back drunk and make a right row at gone midnight and wake us up. I have always been an early riser so for the rest of his holiday I got up at 7am while he was sleeping it off and threw bread on to the roof of his caravan. It was hilarious watching the seagulls descend and make a terrible row. We very nearly gave the game away though by laughing when he ranted on about the seagulls waking him up.

Oooh you rotter, that's genius! :laugh: 

29 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Slept, well not so much slept as tossing and turning and shivering in a hired fiat panda with fixed upright seats.

Mid 80s on the way from Austria to Italy just when every Italian and his wife and his children and his cousins were setting off in the other direction for annual holidays.

So every hotel,b&b, guesthouse,road house and ******* house was full to overflowing.

Gf at the time was very easy going through, thankfully, still friends even now, she's the one with the Aygo.

Made sure that I never got caught in the dolomites again I can tell you.

I feel you missed a trick there...

"No I'm not being a perv, it's for mutual warmth so we don't freeze to death! Yes we have to take our clothes off, trust me, it works better, the science says so!"

:laugh: 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Cyker said:

No I'm not being a perv, it's for mutual warmth so we don't freeze to death! Yes we have to take our clothes off, trust me, it works better, the science says so!"

:laugh: 

Well,she did say that Cyker, but I just wasn't in the mood.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Well,she did say that Cyker, but I just wasn't in the mood.

Cyker was......is :naughty: 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Haliotis said:

Wow, Chas, I totally forgot about the tartan rug, and the wicker picnic set.  Always did want a nice little MG or Morgan sports car as an extra vehicle for leisure, but could never afford one.  Wrong type of flat cap owner, you see! 😩

And don’t forget an original wee Battery 🔋 run radio 📻.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

Cyker,it did have reclining seats but that was nothing to the problems we had when the car was hit while parked outside the hotel we were staying in and having to go to a Barcelona police station with our passports and driving documents. Now that was a story.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

And don’t forget an original wee battery 🔋 run radio 📻.

I'm quite partial to a nodding dog on the parcel shelf.

• Haha 4

Oooh yes! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Not that one!

I am thinking more of a cute dachshund type, dual purpose you see,if the door seals go you can lay the dog along the bottom of the door.

But lordy, those tartan flasks with glass liners,if you were in the building trade in the 70s ,broke every 2 weeks on average.

Building site in the middle of nowhere, and no hot drink in winter,brrrr.

Of course later on in my career dahn sahff, I had a gaggia fitted in the company Volvo , and had espresso and americano on draught.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Chas G said:

and don't forget the tartan rug on the back seat. 

Actually, the wife does have a grey tartan rug in her Yaris. I have a Black Watch tartan rug in the boot of my C-HR, for emergencies. Don’t have a tartan flask or nodding animal of any description, unless you count our furry four legged canine

• Haha 5

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links