Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Economy!

MartyMcFly

Hi all

Thinking about getting my first Toyota and was wondering about a few things. I'm looking at a 1990 H Reg TOYOTA SURF SSR LIMITED 2.4 TD. It's an import from Japan, new in the country and has about 45000 miles on the clock.

Can you tell me if the asking price of £4000 is too steep and if I do get it what is the mpg on one of these things.

Thanks in advance

Toyota Newbie

You should get around 25mpg and maybe more on a run, the max that I have ever got was 29mpg.

The mileage sounds very low for a 14 year old motor, and I have heard all the crap about the japanese not driving very far, but I personally would be very wary of such a low mileage, maybe get it checked out by BIMTA http://www.bimta.org/OdometerChecks.asp , it's only £14.10 to get it done and well worth it.

Also £4000 sounds a bit steep for that year, check things out on the surf forum at http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/index.php?, also have a look at the problems that some 2.4s have with the heads.

Just got rid of my Surf. It was a great car. Also recon on just short of 30mpg on a run. Got 4k for mine, if its a good one its worth it. But as advised by Andy above, get what you can checked out. Dont rush, there are plenty about. Hope you enjoy what are very well built, enjoyable 4x4's.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links