Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which display do you prefer?

Primus1

Having only briefly used the digital display for the speedo then reverting back to the analogue one, I decided to try the digital one again, I’m going to try it for longer this time as my last car had it and I liked it, what do others use on their Yaris and Yaris crosses?

• Like 2

Not had the YC long, but I've tried both and I'm now favouring the digital display.

• Like 3

I wanted to like the digital mode but it seems like a missed opportunity. They have not really made use of the screen estate it frees up.

• Like 2

I use the digital on my Mk3. I used to be anti-digital but having had no option with our Mk2 Yaris I've actually preferred it since. (My wife's Smart only has analogue and that's disconcerting now.)

It's like changing toothpaste or giving up sugar in tea or coffee ... It seems awful at the time but quite quickly it's the new normal.

• Like 3

I have the opposite problem! :laugh: 

I've been using a digital dash since the Yaris Mk1 and just can't use an analogue one now. I don't know how people can tell what speed they're going at with analogue dashes - I find it takes me significantly longer to refocus my eyes and hunt for the needle then squint at the tiny numbers to map its position to a speed, rather than just have the speed there at the briefest of glances. You can kinda get a feel for your rough speed by its angle after a while, but when you switch to another car that goes out the window.

With a digital dash, the number's just there, no need to look for it, although I must admit I don't like the new digital dash as much as the previous one as used in my Mk4 - The number is much smaller in the new ones and IMHO they should have stuck to a more digital font instead of a sans-serif font for easier at-a-glance recognition. To be fair I use the HUD 99% of the time so it's less of an issue for me either way :laugh: 

I do wish car manufacturers would let you customize the digital dash more - It's all software so it should be easy to do; They could even open a new revenue stream and act as a market place to sell custom dash layouts like they used to do with mobile phone themes, although the fact you can independently configure all 3 MFDs on the new ones is a good step forward in the customization department.

My old Mk1 still hands-down had my favourite dash with its collimated central tunnel (Big and clear, no need to refocus eyes, protected from being blanked out by the sun), although the Mk4's with its HUD is a close second.

• Like 4

Personally, I prefer the digital version. It’s so much easier to read

• Like 1

Digital display all the way.  Perhaps, the speedometer font could be a little larger but other than that it’s a well designed unit.

• Like 1

Digital display is clear and in your face for speed. Analogue is not as clear. No contest!

• Like 2

Yes I’m liking the digital readout, as I said, my last car had this and you couldn’t change it , I find it much easier to see what speed you are doing, mind you, the mrs hasn’t driven it in this configuration so, ….I might have to change it back for her..

• Like 2

Leave it, she'll think she's in THE FUTURE! :laugh: 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Leave it, she'll think she's in THE FUTURE! :laugh: 

She already knows the future..especially mine..🫣

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links