Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bonnet respray or bonnet bra?

mikmikmikmik

Many stone chips:

I saw a viseo where some sort of paintcwas just applied to the bonnet to fill the chips and then buffed out with another chemical so only the newly applied paint was in thr chips.

I have no idea if that was a hoax.

So if it was a hoax, which is better, to get the bonnet completely resprayed?

To buy a new bonnet (are they aluminium) that is primed, and get that resprayed?

Buy a bonnet bra and forget about the stone chip, and does a bonnet bra lok ridiculous?

Or spend weeks going at the stone chips with a touch up, doing a bit at a time?

You should have posted this on Monday. 

• Haha 3

You used to be able to get a wax product to do this, but it wasn't really permanent.

It was a lipstick of wax near the colour of the car, you rubbed it over the chip then buffed away the excess. Combined with a coloured polish for the car the results were ok, but only lasted a few months.

Fixing the individual chips with a touch up pen is better, it's not worth having a whole bonnet resprayed - I had a quote of £1k for my Auris.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has used a bra and if they work for windscreen stone chips - the motorways/roads around here are never swept and stone chips to the screen are a regular risk no matter how much space you leave.

Get it resprayed and then get PPF on. Not cheap, but it lasts the longest.

Or leave as it is. 

£275 ex vat for dent fills and respray, and maybe they fpund a fauot in the radar by accident(see other post).

The cheap Corolla I bought is maybe not so cheap after all. 

I've never understood bonnet bras. They look crap and they hide what they are protecting. Or do the owners take them off at the weekend for ten minutes to admire the paintwork?

I'm sure it depends where you live but no vehicle I've owned has ever suffered significant stone chipping on the bonnet. A few here and there perhaps but only minor damage that you have to choose to look for.

And I doubt that such minor imperfections have any impact (pun almost intended) on the resale value. Which brings me back to my original point - why bother with a bra? Are owners protecting the paintwork so that the next owner can enjoy it? I mean fair play to them if they're prepared to drive around for a few years with an ugly rubber plaster on the front of the car just so that when they finally sell it on someone else can admire the pristine beauty of an old banger.

😃

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links