Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed audio notification

Jo-Ann

Heyy,

Last week I picked up my new Toyota Aygo X,  If I drive too fast I get an audio speed notification, I can turn this off, but when I restart the car the settings are back to audio. Does anyone know how to permanently change this to visiul only?

It is part of some mandatory changes that the EU and UK are adopting. So, no it cannot be turned off permanently.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jo-Ann said:

Heyy,

Last week I picked up my new Toyota Aygo X,  If I drive too fast I get an audio speed notification, I can turn this off, but when I restart the car the settings are back to audio. Does anyone know how to permanently change this to visiul only?

It means you are exceeding the speed limit !!! It's not always very accurate, because sometimes the camera in the car does not read the road speed signs correctly or when using AA or CP maps it will bleep etc.....I think !!!  Personally, I like it.  Anything to keep me within the speed limit is most welcome.

I have picked up my new Aygo this morning and have the same problem. I cannot work out how to turn it off. I know there is an argument that I shouldn't go over but I live in Wales and sometimes it is very difficult to drive at 20mph

See my reply from Friday above.

Blame the Welsh Parliament for the 20mph speed limit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Magsmith said:

I know there is an argument that I shouldn't go over but I live in Wales and sometimes it is very difficult to drive at 20mph

I work in Wales, you will have to get used to it or face a fine 😂😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Magsmith said:

I live in Wales and sometimes it is very difficult to drive at 20mph

Apart from being boring, we found the 20 zone in London made for much more relaxed driving.  On entering the zone I just set the limiter to 20 and concentrated on the view.

OK, my true speed was 18 or 19 and plenty of motorists were intent on driving faster.  I didn't see that I had any need to facilitate them breaking the law.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2024 at 1:27 PM, Jo-Ann said:

Heyy,

I bought a 2022 Aygo X Exclusive earlier this week and it was set to visual only.  I wanted the audio and visual alert so went to the settings menu and it gave me the option to turn it off, have visual only or visual and audio.  There is also the option to change when the alert kicks in.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Yve1961 said:

I bought a 2022 Aygo X Exclusive earlier this week and it was set to visual only.  I wanted the audio and visual alert so went to the settings menu and it gave me the option to turn it off, have visual only or visual and audio.  There is also the option to change when the alert kicks in.

However, legislation effective from July will discount this. Cars bought new recently will probably no longer have this facility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links