Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch Up pens

Roy124

I have a superb touch up pen for my car.  I had a tiny chip on the edge of the door, two or three spots, all gone.

I now have an almost full pen and a second chip on the door,  looks like a spec of dirt.  Does the pen work?  Does it b*******s.

How do you get it to work a second time?

• Like 2

Hi Roy,has it dried out for some reason.Try this it might work, make sure to shake the pen vigorously to mix the paint. Then, press the tip gently on a piece of paper or cardboard until the paint flows to the tip. Once the paint flows smoothly,If the pen still doesn't work, you might need to clean the tip or unclog it using a pin. I've had this happen before and it worked for me.:smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bper said:

you might need to clean the tip or unclog it using a pin. I've had this happen before and it worked for me.:smile:

Tried the rest.

The tip is shine metal.  I will persevere for practise though my next car is a different colour.

This time I opened the pen and used a spot of paint.

• Haha 2

Got message back from PaintNuts - use cellulose thinners.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Got message back from PaintNuts - use cellulose thinners.

Goodness! In water based paint??!!

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Bper said:

Hi Roy,has it dried out for some reason.Try this it might work, make sure to shake the pen vigorously to mix the paint. Then, press the tip gently on a piece of paper or cardboard until the paint flows to the tip. Once the paint flows smoothly,If the pen still doesn't work, you might need to clean the tip or unclog it using a pin. I've had this happen before and it worked for me.:smile:

I have used paint pens for modelling in the past, (I still have them somewhere). The suggestion made by Bob worked on my paint pens.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Tried the rest.

The tip is shine metal.  I will persevere for practise though my next car is a different colour.

This time I opened the pen and used a spot of paint.

The pen is mightier than the sword 🤪

• Haha 2

Rather than buy a can of cellulose thinners I tried dipping it in brush cleaner.  It worked a treat.

• Like 3

I was doing a bit of tippexing on paper the other day. The tippex pen has a needle-like sticky out bit and when the needle was pressed down onto the paper, a tiny bit of tippex came out. More presses of the needle meant more tippex. This same pen would be great for touching up stone chips. Has anyone seen a touchup pen like this?

Thanks.

On 4/11/2024 at 9:13 PM, Bernard Foy said:

The pen is mightier than the sword 🤪

If someone's trying to touch up their paintwork with a sword they're doing it very wrong! :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, mikmikmikmik said:

I was doing a bit of tippexing on paper the other day. The tippex pen has a needle-like sticky out bit and when the needle was pressed down onto the paper, a tiny bit of tippex came out. More presses of the needle meant more tippex. This same pen would be great for touching up stone chips. Has anyone seen a touchup pen like this?

Thanks.

That is exactly the touch up I am talking about. Search for PaintNuts. Apart from the nib it has a brush applicator too.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links