Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2017 Prius Tyres

ninanina

What tyres would be recommended for my 2017 Prius with 15” wheels?

Most important would be for quiet tyres 

Thanks in advance for any help 

5 hours ago, ninanina said:

What tyres would be recommended for my 2017 Prius with 15” wheels?

Thanks in advance for any help 

Dunlop Sport BluResponse 195/65 R15 91H

been using them for years

6 hours ago, ninanina said:

The tyre label ratings for noise are for external noise rather than noise heard inside the car. So may not relate to what you want.

TyreReviews.com has everything you didn't want to know about tyres! :laugh: 

They have lots of tyre tests and ratings from users so might be worth a look.

I usually just see what tyres my local places have on offer and look them up on tyre reviews to see which ones rate the best.

• Like 1

When I was shopping for tyres last year, National Tyre had a reasonable offer on Goodyear Vector 4seasons 195/65 r15 V XL, price has gone up a bit since then but still not bad. Seemed reasonable for a decent brand tyre, can't say much about the noise other than they seem quiet enough that I don't notice them and they're a decent improvement on the unknown brand ones they replaced, both quieter and with noticeably more grip. Can't say how they compare to other makes/models.

£77/tyre, 10% off / £69.3 each for, 15% off/ £65.45 each for 4.

Gets a good review:

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product-group-tests/92863/best-all-season-tyres-tyre-brands-reviewed-and-uk-prices-compared/goodyear-vector-4seasons-gen-3-1st

If you are after a quiet ride go for v shape all season tyres like Goodyear vector or Michelin cross climates, these types of tyres have ability to cancel road noise especially if you drive on rough surfaces roads , which are majority of uk road network. Another summer tyres that are quieter than most are Goodyear efficient grip performance 2, these are excellent choice for hybrids, they are also 3-4mpg more efficient than all seasons tyres. 

• Like 3

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated.  I was thinking about the all season Michelin ones

TonyHSD do you know if the Goodyear Efficient Grips you mentioned would be quieter than the Cross Climates?

On 4/15/2024 at 5:27 PM, ninanina said:

TonyHSD do you know if the Goodyear Efficient Grips you mentioned would be quieter than the Cross Climates?

I can vouch for the Michelin Cross Climates - they are pliant and quiet. Run them on two of our cars and thy seem to last pretty well. One set is probably about five years old and the other one year. There is still plenty of tread left on the older set.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2024 at 7:27 PM, ninanina said:

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated.  I was thinking about the all season Michelin ones

The Goodyear efficient grip performance 2 will be quieter on smooth asphalt,  something that you drive on very rarely in uk.
The Michelin cross climates will be quieter on rough surfaces which are the majority of uk roads so yes these are the winners. 
I personally like the efficient grip performance 2 the most for my use, they are the best summer touring tyres imo. 

• Like 2

I’ve currently got Yokohama, I think they are Blue Earth, tyres on my gen 4

They have much more tread on them than I first thought so won’t be changing just yet 

Reckon I’ll get the Goodyear EG’s when I need to change them as I live on the south coast and we don’t get much bad weather so probably the Michelin CC’s would not be necessary 

• Like 2

I have had  Mich. Cross Climates on for 20 K plus on my Prius with 15". I put them on after the first spell of bad weather and never regreted it.  It does depend on wheel size if X Climates  wear well. !5" have nice deep sidewalls so most tyres are quiet and absorb bumps well.  I did swap a front to back last year as one was reported wearing faster at service. We have three vicious sleeping policemen at the end of my road which cause wear on all the cars I have. These give confidence in bad weather

• Like 2

On 4/17/2024 at 10:44 AM, TonyHSD said:

The Goodyear efficient grip performance 2 will be quieter on smooth asphalt,  something that you drive on very rarely in uk.
The Michelin cross climates will be quieter on rough surfaces which...

Over the years I've (unsurprisingly) experienced many brands of tyres - Dunlop, Bridgestone, Michelin (inc Cross Climate), Continental etc. I have always been very sensitive to tyre noise but have never noticed much difference between the different makes and designs. I've just had fitted 2 x Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance 2 to the rear wheels. They replaced the OEM Continentals. I immediately noticed to reduced tyre noise. On the drive home from the tyre fitter, I was looking over my shoulder at the rear seats wondering where the tyre noise had gone. To prove it wasn't 'just me', I asked my wife to comment. Sitting in a rear seat she said the road noise had "probably dropped by 50%. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links