Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla

Surfer01

We have a 1996 Toyota Corolla Solaris auto with 123000 miles on the clock and also has aircon.  It runs very well and we have spent very little on it in the past 12 years. The  bodywork is pretty good, but with a bit of rust around the rear wiper. Couple of dings and scrapes, but they were there when we bought the vehicle. 

When we bought the car it came with a full Toyota dealership service history.  Although we now take it to an Inde, both mechanics used to work for Toyota. It averages about 4000 miles a year and still gets over 40mpg.  Recently we had to replace the rear silencer box, but now it also requires rear shocks. 

Unfortunately as we have mobility issues, although we can manage, we are finding that the car is a bit low for us so are considering buying a second hand Corolla Design or Excel with about 40000 miles on the clock, but with a full service history.  Either saloon, hatchback or estate.

The dilemma is of course we know how reliable the current car is so a bit wary about the unknown.  LOL! Maybe cheaper to hang onto it and fit new shocks.  In 2 years time I don't thin k we will need to pay road tax any more so another bonus, but Corolla Excel looks very tempting.😃

• Like 2

We have folks in the Yaris forum getting the Yaris cross which is higher, they are finding them very good for mobility and higher seating position for the road. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes Corolla is low and many are switching to Yaris Cross.

Or consider C-HR with the legendary 1.8L engine.

I'd avoid new Corolla if you're struggling with height of the old one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Corolla from 2019 to 2022 is quite low - so if you are having issues getting in out out this may not be the car for you. IFAIK the 2023 model was "lifted" about 20mm or so to make it ride more like the Trek version. The "cross" version of the Yaris may well be a better fit for you. The best way to find out is to to pop along to a dealer to try them out. It's just about the only thing I don't like about my Corolla, having already had underside "contact issues".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our preference would have been the Corolla Cross as it gets very good reviews, but sadly not available in the UK.  We can have a look at the Yaris Cross as many years ago we had a normal Yaris.

• Like 1

Agree with the above comments.  I own a Yaris Cross Design and ease of access/egress was a major factor for me when I purchased the car.  On holiday in Australia, I hired a Toyota Corolla and although it was a great car and never missed a beat, I missed the additional height you get with the Yaris Cross.

Sadly even second hand the Yaris Cross is just that bit more than we can afford to pay.  I guess the next best bet would be the C-HR?

• Like 2

Corolla Trek, rarely available as used cars but it is really good choice for those who seek slightly higher seating position.
The difference is only 2cm in height but these make the car more practical in all terms. 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/196311183098?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=lNWVjC-UQ7W&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links