Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Camry 2025 - unfortunately not on sale in UK

Niky

Hi Nikolay, yes it is a shame its not coming to the uk. I came across this article which gave a good write up as well as the video.:smile:

2025 Toyota Camry A Refined Ride with Hybrid Efficiency.

The 2025 Toyota Camry  makes a bold move towards a greener future with its exclusive hybrid powertrain options. This mid-size saloon prioritises comfort, fuel efficiency, and reliability, making it a compelling choice for everyday motoring.

Hybrid Power with Punch,The Camry ditches petrol-only options for a hybrid line-up. Choose between a front-wheel-drive variant with a combined output of 208 horsepower and an impressive estimated 51 mpg combined, or opt for the all-wheel-drive version that delivers 232 horsepower with an estimated 44 mpg combined. This translates to significant fuel savings and reduced emissions.

Upscale Interior Ambience:

Step inside the 2025 Camry and find a noticeably upgraded cabin. Higher-quality materials and a modern design elevate the overall ambience. The base LE trim offers a standard 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, while higher trims boast a larger 12.3-inch unit. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto come standard across all trims, ensuring seamless smartphone connectivity.

A Comfort-First Focus:

The Camry prioritises a smooth ride and composed handling, making it ideal for cruising on motorways and navigating city streets. While the steering feedback might feel a touch numb, especially on winding roads, it doesn't detract from the overall comfortable driving experience.

Overall:

The 2025 Toyota Camry (saloon) is a significant improvement, offering a more powerful and fuel-efficient hybrid powertrain alongside a noticeably more refined interior. While it might not be the most exciting choice for driving enthusiasts seeking a sporty feel, it excels in its core strengths – practicality, efficiency, and comfort – making it a strong contender in the mid-size saloon segment.:smile:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bper said:

an impressive estimated 51 mpg combined, or opt for the all-wheel-drive version that delivers 232 horsepower with an estimated 44 mpg combined

That's US mpg which converts to 62.5 UK mpg - really impressive if it manages high 50s real life. Also red in a different article it will do 0 to 60 for around 7sec. If this numbers are real, and its quieter (better sound insulation) it will be absolutely perfect vehicle.  Better one will be only an estate version 

Toyota dropped the Camry due to a lack of demand in 2021 the nearest thing you will get in the UK now is the Lexus ES whats over 40k, so in the luxury car tax bracket

34 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Toyota dropped the Camry due to a lack of demand in 2021 the nearest thing you will get in the UK now is the Lexus ES whats over 40k, so in the luxury car tax bracket

The current model had not very good reviews from the car journalists, mainly because of lack of sound insulation and an old and slow infotainment system

The 2025 model seems much more impressive, and if the price is right it might be much more competitive car. An estate version will be the perfect (non SUV) family car

1 hour ago, Niky said:

That's US mpg which converts to 62.5 UK mpg - really impressive if it manages high 50s real life. Also red in a different article it will do 0 to 60 for around 7sec. If this numbers are real, and its quieter (better sound insulation) it will be absolutely perfect vehicle.  Better one will be only an estate version 

Hi Nikolay,not sure where you got the 61.5mpg as there are different Testing Standards, the US EPA and the UK's WLTP use different testing procedures. The WLTP is generally considered more rigorous, leading to lower mpg figures compared to the EPA.

Stop and Go traffic,the UK commonly has more stop and go traffic conditions than the US, which significantly reduces fuel efficiency for hybrid vehicles that can rely on electric power at low speeds.

Given these factors, it's safe to assume the 2025 Camry's mpg rating in the UK would be lower than the 51 mpg estimated by the EPA .👍

Hi Bob

Might be wrong, but I believe the article you've shared is for the American Market, isn't it? So assuming 52 US mpg equal 62ish UK mpg. 

Also the video link I've uploaded originally is American and when they talk about fuel consumption they show both 52mpg or 4.6L per 100km at the same time which equals to 62ish UK mpg 

Very impressive for the size of the car

2 hours ago, Niky said:

Hi Bob

Might be wrong, but I believe the article you've shared is for the American Market, isn't it? So assuming 52 US mpg equal 62ish UK mpg. 

Also the video link I've uploaded originally is American and when they talk about fuel consumption they show both 52mpg or 4.6L per 100km at the same time which equals to 62ish UK mpg 

Very impressive for the size of the car

Hi Nikolay,If the video presents 52 MPG in the USA and claims it's equivalent to 62 MPG in the UK, it would be inaccurate. The correct conversion would result in a lower MPG figure in the UK, approximately around 41-42 MPG.:smile:

19 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi Nikolay,If the video presents 52 MPG in the USA and claims it's equivalent to 62 MPG in the UK, it would be inaccurate. The correct conversion would result in a lower MPG figure in the UK, approximately around 41-42 MPG.:smile:

I have to be honest being from Eastern Europe I am not very good with the MPG calculations- better L per 100km for me

However I checked with "uncle" Google (I always do) before I posted the very first post, and still belive I am correct om this occasion.  It doesn't matter really. But it just does make sense the newer version to be more improved and more fuel efficient than the current model

Screenshot_20240421_184727_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f991ee7e7355d6c8eb8650893486955d.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links