Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 CHR Infotainment

AndyRC

Does anyone with a 2024 CHR a know if the infotainment screen on the central display always has the two blue start up screens which require you to acknowledge/accept before it goes to Car Play or is there a way to switch this off 🤔

I thought these screens are possibly some legal requirement (in some regions perhaps) but they go away after a little while, even without explicitly acknowledging it. That's at least what happens on the GR86.

• Like 3

My understanding is that if you don't set up an account on the car you're logged on as a guest, requiring you to acknowledge the screens. With the New CHR it can use your mobile phone, or the "are you keeping attention" camera above the steering wheel,to recognise you. The cars manual also mentions a "digital key" but I can't find it. It may be it's another app like the Remote Parking App that's seems to have been removed from the UK Google App Store

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Yorkboy said:

My understanding is that if you don't set up an account on the car you're logged on as a guest, requiring you to acknowledge the screens. With the New CHR it can use your mobile phone, or the "are you keeping attention" camera above the steering wheel,to recognise you. The cars manual also mentions a "digital key" but I can't find it. It may be it's another app like the Remote Parking App that's seems to have been removed from the UK Google App Store

I’ve set up the account in the Toyota App but it still keeps going through the first two “blue screens” , it’s early days so getting to grips with the whole car and new tech , too early to pass judgment other than setting up Apple Car play and iPhones was a breeze 👍😊

• Like 2

After a phone call to the dealers it appears the two “blue screens” have to be accepted each time the ignition is switched on 🤷‍♂️ unless anyone knows differently 🤔

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, AndyRC said:

After a phone call to the dealers it appears the two “blue screens” have to be accepted each time the ignition is switched on 🤷‍♂️ unless anyone knows differently 🤔

Do you need to update your forum profile? It suggests that you have a 2021 car ...

Have you registered your user profile on the multimedia system? Or are you driving in guest mode?

Does the car know that it is you driving? And how have you set things up so that it can identify you specifically and use the correct profile? This could be by face identification, a linked [digital] key or a bluetooth device such as a smartphone ...

My understanding / hope is that once it knows that it is you in the driving seat it will stop asking you stupid questions - but my infotainment system is obsolete by comparison! 🙂 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Do you need to update your forum profile? It suggests that you have a 2021 car ...

Have you registered your user profile on the multimedia system? Or are you driving in guest mode?

Does the car know that it is you driving? And how have you set things up so that it can identify you specifically and use the correct profile? This could be by face identification, a linked [digital] key or a Bluetooth device such as a smartphone ...

My understanding / hope is that once it knows that it is you in the driving seat it will stop asking you stupid questions - but my infotainment system is obsolete by comparison! 🙂 

I’d forgotten about updating my profile ☹️. The dealership have said that’s the way the new Toyota infotainment is set up , no option to remove it. MyT all set up for the new car 🤷‍♂️

26 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

I’d forgotten about updating my profile ☹️. The dealership have said that’s the way the new Toyota infotainment is set up , no option to remove it. MyT all set up for the new car 🤷‍♂️

Then RTFM (pages 50-56 ish) - I have and I bet the salesman hasn't ... 😉

Oh, and largely forget about the App whether it is My T or My Toyota - it doesn't have any significant bearing on the topic. 🙂

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 6:06 PM, AndyRC said:

Does anyone with a 2024 CHR a know if the infotainment screen on the central display always has the two blue start up screens which require you to acknowledge/accept before it goes to Car Play or is there a way to switch this off 🤔

No when I get in car it auto connects to my profile and the blue screen disappears after a couple of seconds 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chriss27 said:

No when I get in car it auto connects to my profile and the blue screen disappears after a couple of seconds 

Thanks 👍 The first screen goes off after a 2/3 seconds but the second one is appearing every time the ignition is on after accepting T&Cs if my phone is in the car it goes straight to Apple Car play 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 1

I linked my profile to my key as well and don't get hassled if I don't have my phone with me any more. I just get a 'do not play with screen whilst driving' warning that lasts a couple of seconds. Presume your 2024 system is similar to mine.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So after a trip to get the Battery replaced in one of the keys, which failed after a week and the service lady said had been an issue on a few cars I asked about the 2 blue start up screens on the infotainment system. Apparently on the latest Toyotas , ours is a 2024, there is no way to avoid these each time the ignition is switched on (unless you know differently) Just have to get used to “accepting” them whilst putting the seat belt on.  

IMG_0435.jpeg

IMG_0436.jpeg

19 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

So after a trip to get the battery replaced in one of the keys, which failed after a week and the service lady said had been an issue on a few cars I asked about the 2 blue start up screens on the infotainment system. Apparently on the latest Toyotas , ours is a 2024, there is no way to avoid these each time the ignition is switched on (unless you know differently) Just have to get used to “accepting” them whilst putting the seat belt on.  

IMG_0435.jpeg

IMG_0436.jpeg

I have always had the “drive safely” notification come up on my prius since 2016 so correct. 
not seen the blue screen yet. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

So after a trip to get the battery replaced in one of the keys, which failed after a week and the service lady said had been an issue on a few cars I asked about the 2 blue start up screens on the infotainment system. Apparently on the latest Toyotas , ours is a 2024, there is no way to avoid these each time the ignition is switched on (unless you know differently) Just have to get used to “accepting” them whilst putting the seat belt on.  

IMG_0435.jpeg

IMG_0436.jpeg

I can understand the first one BUT no way can the second one be correct...once you have accepted and agree you shouldn't have to do it every time you start the car.

1 hour ago, MC1216 said:

I can understand the first one BUT no way can the second one be correct...once you have accepted and agree you shouldn't have to do it every time you start the car.

I think the issue is the car doesn’t know who’s actually driving it 🤷‍♂️ hence the disclaimer every time the ignition is switched on 🤔 I’ve done the Toyota App , registered the car etc so that doesn’t help. 

2 hours ago, AndyRC said:

IMG_0435.jpeg

IMG_0436.jpeg

That's nonsense. Your head unit is not set up correctly, go back and see your salesman, they are supposed to set your MyT profile to the head unit, once that is done, you only accept the blue screen once, next time you get in the car it knows it's you and you don't get the blue screen. To be honest I find it a right faff, they could not have made it any more difficult, but once done, thats it 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links