Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back in an Aygo :)

r66stu

So after much deliberation I bit the bullet today and bought a lovely blue Aygo at a Toyota Dealer not to far from me. I have been thinking of going back for a while.

It’s a 2016 X- Cite Limited Edition, in great condition with a full Toyota service history. The miles are a little higher at 76k, but it’s clearly been well looked after. I have been out of an aygo for 3 years and I’m really looking forward to the simplicity, frugality and whipping around with a smile 🙂 . I have had a few Aygos in the past and this generation was my favourite (No disrespect at all to the new one).  I love the level of tech compared to the first series (phone connectivity, DAB, touch screen, reversing camera, limiter etc.. whilst still being go cart like. An added bonus, this one is £0 tax which helps in the current climate £ 

I pick up in a week, have asked for some rubber mats and a boot liner to be ordered in and I’m good to go.. I absolutely cant wait.

Stu

IMG_9449.jpeg

IMG_9454.png

IMG_9465.png

IMG_9462.png

IMG_9461.png

• Like 9

Nice car.

• Like 5

My favourite Aygo colour 👍🏻

• Like 4

Thanks guys, they did me a bit of a deal and a fair trade in price for my current car. So I’m all happy. I see some of these blue ones had privacy glass on the back windows and some don’t.. I think I will get that done at a good local place. My last few cars have all had them and it’s good for my kids to stop the sun on hot days, plus I think it looks good with the blue and black contrast 

• Like 5

Nice car

• Like 2

Beautiful car.

Congratulations.

Best of luck !

What car did you drive the last 3 years ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haelewyn said:

Beautiful car.

Congratulations.

Best of luck !

What car did you drive the last 3 years ?

Thank you 😊 

I have been in a bmw 3 series touring (320d). It’s a super capable car. And I can’t fault it. It does everything I ask, but my driving has really changed with work, and my wife has a car too.. I really don’t need the 3 series and the expense of it. I missed the ‘nipping around’ and simple parking.. so have taken the opportunity to change things 🙂 . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, r66stu said:

Thank you 😊 

I have been in a bmw 3 series touring (320d). It’s a super capable car. And I can’t fault it. It does everything I ask, but my driving has really changed with work, and my wife has a car too.. I really don’t need the 3 series and the expense of it. I missed the ‘nipping around’ and simple parking.. so have taken the opportunity to change things 🙂 . 

my last aygos 🙂

I also had a silver Aygo ‘Platinum’ back in 2010 that I did 105k miles in 3 yrs, but couldn’t find a picture 😞 

IMG_0615.png

IMG_0493.jpeg

IMG_1163.jpeg

• Like 4

Welcome back "Aygostu"......And what a little cracker you have bought!

I remember your last Aygo as I was always a bit jealous of the level of trim, fun roof, leather and a fab colour!  Your new one is in my favourite mark 2 colour but you are right, get the rear windows tinted as it will be even better!

It's great to have you back on the site (Albeit with a new name 😉) and I look forward to see what you do and having a few chats with you.

All the very best, Stuart and have loads of fun in your new motor. :driving:

• Like 2

Fantastic, love that generation of Aygo as well.

My family think I’m nuts, and my kids bemoan when I get all gooey eyed over one.

I’m not in the market for a car at the moment but I do keep my eyes on the ground if something special (Aygo) comes along, so many red ones for sale, category cars, or ones without all the gadgets and gizmos. 
Aygo’s are fetching strong money at the moment, and the C1 and 107/108 just don’t have the same “buzz” about them!

Good luck with the Aygo!

• Like 2

I still think this is the best generation of the Aygo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Welcome back "Aygostu"......And what a little cracker you have bought!

I remember your last Aygo as I was always a bit jealous of the level of trim, fun roof, leather and a fab colour!  Your new one is in my favourite mark 2 colour but you are right, get the rear windows tinted as it will be even better!

It's great to have you back on the site (Albeit with a new name 😉) and I look forward to see what you do and having a few chats with you.

All the very best, Stuart and have loads of fun in your new motor. :driving:

Ha Neil, you remember me ! Yes I loved that Aygo, and was a tad silly to sell it but hey, that’s life.. at least I’m back ! 🙂 

I tried to login with my old Aygostu profile but unfortunately it must have been deleted. Ah well, r66stu it is this time. Thanks for the warm welcome back. I hope you and your aygo are keeping well. 
stu 

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2024 at 7:54 AM, Pumatron said:

Fantastic, love that generation of Aygo as well.

My family think I’m nuts, and my kids bemoan when I get all gooey eyed over one.

I’m not in the market for a car at the moment but I do keep my eyes on the ground if something special (Aygo) comes along, so many red ones for sale, category cars, or ones without all the gadgets and gizmos. 
Aygo’s are fetching strong money at the moment, and the C1 and 107/108 just don’t have the same “buzz” about them!

Good luck with the Aygo!

I grew up a mini fan, and loved them.. I eventually had a couple of the bigger newer ‘bloated’ ones.. great cars, but not really ‘mini’ , had a couple of smart brabus’s.. super fun but then too small when kids came along.. then my love affair with Aygos started and I got that whole ‘mini’ car fun buzz back 🙂 there is something about them that you either love.. or hate.

Price wise everything has gone up, but Aygos have definitely climbed. I think the biggest reason for this is that the new prices have got so strong (partly due to pcp financing) the residuals of the used market have been pulled up. Also with people chasing frugality they may have never considered an Aygo /C1 /107 but now will. 
For me it’s always the Toyota over the other two. 

Thanks and I can’t wait to pick up on Saturday. I’m not even sad about the bmw going 🙂 . Some people will think I’m mad. 

6 minutes ago, r66stu said:

Thanks and I can’t wait to pick up on Saturday. I’m not even sad about the bmw going 🙂 . Some people will think I’m mad. 

Only for buying a BMW in the first place. You are much better off with a real car from the start.

• Haha 2

@r66stu I am with you on the issue with PCP pushing up the prices. I look round at the cars near me. Tiny 2 bed terraced  houses with BMW's and other expensive cars sitting outside. I used to wonder how they afforded them until I was discussing with a friend and he told me that 80% of cars were purchased on the PCP never never. 

All part of the I like it, I want it, I can't afford it but I can get it on the drip culture today. Then circumstances change and the world falls out of their bottom. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chas G said:

@r66stu I am with you on the issue with PCP pushing up the prices. I look round at the cars near me. Tiny 2 bed terraced  houses with BMW's and other expensive cars sitting outside. I used to wonder how they afforded them until I was discussing with a friend and he told me that 80% of cars were purchased on the PCP never never. 

All part of the I like it, I want it, I can't afford it but I can get it on the drip culture today. Then circumstances change and the world falls out of their bottom. 😀

Yep, it’s driven prices so high and in some cases way above what you might pay for the car if you took a step back. but so long as some people can afford the monthly’s that’s all that matters. It’s not a problem if they are happy, I have done it myself.. but I always look at overall ‘cost of ownership’ which not many people do now a days. 

It’s each to their own. If I can’t afford outright I try to buy HP (with a sensible monthly cost) over X months, then it’s ALL mine with no balloon payment at the end. But I have 2 young kids and a wife and a dog, and 2 cats and a tortoise that rely on me and can’t afford for the world to fall out my a!se should something take a wrong turn 😂

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, r66stu said:

and a tortoise

I had one of those,a Hermann one from Greece that my dad bought from the local market in 1965.

Had  to re-home him a couple of years ago, due to my inability to walk him in the local park, I just couldn't keep up with him anymore.

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, r66stu said:

I grew up a mini fan, and loved them.. I eventually had a couple of the bigger newer ‘bloated’ ones.. great cars, but not really ‘mini’ , had a couple of smart brabus’s.. super fun but then too small when kids came along.. then my love affair with Aygos started and I got that whole ‘mini’ car fun buzz back 🙂 there is something about them that you either love.. or hate.

Price wise everything has gone up, but Aygos have definitely climbed. I think the biggest reason for this is that the new prices have got so strong (partly due to pcp financing) the residuals of the used market have been pulled up. Also with people chasing frugality they may have never considered an Aygo /C1 /107 but now will. 
For me it’s always the Toyota over the other two. 

Well, we must be similar in taste as my first car was a Mini 1000, and up until recently had a Mini 1000 which I restored and lovingly owned for 8 years. 
Used vehicle costs are ridiculous, Toyota Dealers are asking the same money for an Aygo what I paid for a brand new one in 2021!

I have been watching a 2020 Aygo at a local dealer, it was £10600, they just put the price up by £400, so now it’s £11000, but showing they have knocked off £500 off the price, so originally £11500. Utterly bonkers, and pie in the sky numbers, makes me quite cross and I pity the person who pays it.

I just can’t bring myself to pay what they want for them purely out of principle, as much as I do love them the drive will stay empty….(for now).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links