Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dent in exhaust - is this standard?

c00per

Hey,

Looking for advice thanks. My mum picked up his Yaris Cross a couple of days ago and just sent me a picture of his exhaust asking if it is normal.

Just wondering is the 'dent' is by design and if the coloring is normal for a car with about 30miles on the clock?

Thanks for any feedback.IMG-4541.jpg

The “dent”be its not a dent actually  but a manufacturing spec of the detail. The colour of exhaust is perfectly normal for Toyota cars including the rust around the weldings. 
Perhaps your mum hasn’t had a car with exposed exhaust parts previously so it does look strange on a first sight. 
No worries about the exhaust or the car. 

• Like 6

Legendary, thanks for the information and good to know. I'll pass it on to my mum!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

The “dent”be its not a dent actually  but a manufacturing spec of the detail. The colour of exhaust is perfectly normal for Toyota cars including the rust around the weldings. 
Perhaps your mum hasn’t had a car with exposed exhaust parts previously so it does look strange on a first sight. 
No worries about the exhaust or the car. 

A manufacturing spec of the detail?  You’d make a good car salesman Tony! 😉.  I know you mean though, it’s a fold, not a dent.  

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, anchorman said:

A manufacturing spec of the detail?  You’d make a good car salesman Tony! 😉.  I know you mean though, it’s a fold, not a dent.  

It’s my poor English again. Pardon me Don. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't apologise. It's a strength. "Manufacturing spec of the detail" is like taken straight out of the marketing brochure. 

The pretuned exhaust, hewn from hand selected, high tensile steel and reinforced with folds made to the most exacting manufacturing spec of the detail ensures the most delightful engine note at any speed.

See, that's where it came from 🙂

• Like 3

Lol... Marketeers can turn anything around. Willing to bet someone dropped a back box or caught it with a hammer.... Found it sounded cool after and turned it into a feature 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

It’s my poor English again. Pardon me Don. 🙂

I’m only pulling your leg 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A Citroen salesman told me that the indicator stalk fouling the housing and being unable to stay in the turn right position,was a feature of the model.

Reminded me of that song about" there's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links