Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote Locking, Keyless Entry & Keyless Start Not Working

US54NNN

Hi, I have a 2012 1.33 T-spirit that has a keyless ignition and keyless entry. Now the problem is that the remote fob has stopped working. It doesn't automatically unlock when you approach the car and open the door. Even the buttons on the remote won't lock or unlock the doors. I have to take the key out of the remote fob and manually lock and unlock the doors with the key every time. And to start the engine I have to hold the fob over the start button till the ignition is on then press the  start button. The remote definitely has power as the red light lights up everybtime a button is pressed  but I still changed the Battery un the remote but still no luck. I've even checked all the fuses in both the fuse boxes.

Can anyone please help?

Many Thanks 

Hi Usman,the likely cause of the issue could be a malfunction in the remote fob itself, a problem with the receiver in the car, or a communication error between the two. Given that you've already changed the Battery and checked the fuses, it's possible that the remote fob needs to be reprogrammed or replaced. If reprogramming doesn't work, it might be worth getting it looked at so it can be properly diagnosed as to the exact Hope this helps.:smile:

12v Battery is probably low and cause all these problems. 
Measure and smart charge your Battery for 10 hrs and monitor as you may need to replace it soon. 
Good luck 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links