Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Not installed maps ??

dads Taxi x3

Hi all it's my sons new car .he went to use the maps / sat nav  I think and it says   not installed.   Is there an thing to install and where we get that from  

Sorry if this has been chatted before  if it has plz let me know where it is   

If not  how can we get the maps installed.  Thanks . 

• Like 1

Hi Iain, assuming that your sons car does have sat nav installed then it's likely the "not installed" message is that the maps are outdated and need updating.

Built in sat nav systems typically come with pre-loaded maps, but these maps can become outdated over time. This can happen due to changes in roads, new points of interest, etc. The system detects this and displays the "not installed" message since the current maps aren't usable for navigation.You will need to purchase updated maps.Hope this helps.:smile:

• Thanks 1

Did the car even come with a map? I bought my car without the map so that what it says I think. 

Think it needs the GPS module and map retrofit, not cheap, like the price of the map option when buying a new car. Others more clued up can advise. 

• Thanks 1

Hi thanks  how will he know or how do we update it .as the seller did sat sat nav in the listing . But we found not that honest description. So how do we check sorry I'm not in to this sort of thing  .

I expect it's possible it has the nav button as the basic unit is common to several trims. But if the rest of the nav system isn't there then pressing it would probably just give the message seen.

It's possible, at a pinch, the seller just saw the button, but didn't test it, and assumed it had nav.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bper said:

the "not installed" message is that the maps are outdated and need updating.

I've never heard of that. It might give a warning that some data may not be current, but disabling it would be a legal minefield unless it was tied to a subscription.

Hi its seems to be thst the case but he's not worried as he said he use his phone as sat nav .an he's not planning any trips across Europe lol 

I was just checking  as it said to be there but not end the world lol thanks all 

• Like 1

Mine's like that, my model never came with it, although it has the button. If it was advertised as having sat-nav, then you are justified in approaching the seller for mis-representation.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

If it was advertised as having sat-nav, then you are justified in approaching the seller for mis-representation.

If it's the back-story I'm thinking of (another thread) I suspect a pint down the pub would more beneficial.

image.gif.d9466fefd5b79dda925255db6c9665f9.gif rarely has a good outcome 

• Like 1

Mine came with no satnav and, as mentioned above, needs the map module and GPS which fits inside the radio as an add-in module.  I found the kit on Aliexpress but it's not cheap by any means so I use wireless CarPlay and Apple or Google maps as needed.

Benefit of using a mobile phone is that maps and traffic info are live, downside is that it uses phone data.

I have 100Gb data package with unlimited calls and texts with Smarty so never have to worry. £10.60 a month contract free.  Giffgaff on O2 have some cracking deals as well.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 4:52 PM, dads Taxi x3 said:

Hi all it's my sons new car .he went to use the maps / sat nav  I think and it says   not installed.   Is there an thing to install and where we get that from  

Is his car a Yaris whereas yours is Aygo?

• Thanks 1

@jthspace i have just 5Gb, drive 1,000/m and use AA.  I also use other downloads such as email and papers.  I have yet to run out of data.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roy124 said:

@jthspace i have just 5Gb, drive 1,000/m and use AA.  I also use other downloads such as email and papers.  I have yet to run out of data.

Yep, agree with you; I also stream Internet radio, video and TV at our holiday home as there is no broadband. Difference in price for my package or a lower data package was minimal. Also has 12Gb of EU roaming.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 4:52 PM, dads Taxi x3 said:

Hi all it's my sons new car .he went to use the maps / sat nav  I think and it says   not installed

Would be a help to know whether they have a Yaris or Yaris Cross and which year (as that would indicate which generation Yaris).

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 10:40 AM, Roy124 said:

Is his car a Yaris whereas yours is Aygo?

That now my daughters car as she coming to her test soon . 

But bit more up date to add

On 5/6/2024 at 5:28 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Would be a help to know whether they have a Yaris or Yaris Cross and which year (as that would indicate which generation Yaris).

It's 2014 yaris .not a cross .

Bit to add 

OK - the sat nav facility in a Yaris of that vintage would be a separate module rather than just software. 

So as I added in the clean yaris thread .

My sons new car has been TBoned by a bus . 

So next car I guess he check the sat nav button . 

I can't beleave we need to start looking for another yaris . He's now back to the aygo .which he's not happy as my daughter has added a few girly bits to it  .lol .

The gear box and engine in this car if fantastic such a pity its going to be written off  I guess we might see it in the for sale section  cat S an N damage thanks for your help . We know now to check the button lol 

• Sad 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links