Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RSA alerts when car is well below speed limit

Yve1961

Good morning,

I have had my 2022 Aygo X Exclusive for 10 days and have sussed out all of the settings, bleeps and warnings.

One thing that is annoying me is that even if I am well under the speed limit the RSA symbol turns red and bleeps at me.  I know it isn’t always 100% accurate but  for example exiting a roundabout onto a 50 mph road this morning the alert turned red and bleeped at me even though I was only traveling at 35mph.  The symbol stayed red for ages even when I have increased my speed to just under 50mph.

is this normal?

Thank you

make sure RSA is set to miles and not KM, the Yaris had this issue where it would default to KM

I think it perfectly 'abnormal' as it can either pick up the wrong sign or fail to pick up the right one.

We, as individuals,  must get on the habit of complaining via FixMyStreet until the responsible councils fix the signs properly.

25 minutes ago, flash22 said:

make sure RSA is set to miles and not KM, the Yaris had this issue where it would default to KM

Thank you. I didn’t think to check that.  I know it was set to mph but I will check to see if it has changed.

You may find it still set to mph but, if it’s anything like the system in the Yaris, it is still (randomly) using kph.

So your 35 mph equates to 56 kmh so the systems says “you’re speeding “ !

My experience is it can randomly ‘fix’ itself when it feels like !!

• Like 1

Thank you.  Sounds like I might have to live with it😉

try cleaning the windscreen a smudge or dirt in front of the camera can play havoc

If the system is like the Yaris one it's 'normal' and nothing can be done about it unless Toyota stop pretending it's not a problem and tie the RSA to your units setting instead of its current auto mode.

The basic problem is the RSA will randomly interpret the signs as Kph instead of mph. Nobody knows why, although there is speculation if it sees signs on the right hand side it thinks they're kph but in my experience it hasn't been consistent and just seems random.

The fix on the Yaris Cross was - BE-00734T-TME it might be worth checking with your dealer if this will work on the Aygo X.

This happened in our Yaris on Friday last week. It detected the 30mph speed sign and then flashed to say I was over the limit, although I was only doing 18mph. Same thing happened when I was doing 24mph in a 40 zone.

I turned off the RSA, and then switched off the car. Restarted the car, and then switched on the RSA. This didn't help. However, the next day, everything was fine. RSA worked without any problems. I have no idea how, or why this happened.

• Like 1

The worst thing is this same system is being used with the speed limier/beeper they're implementing in the new models when it's already known it's utterly not fit for purpose :rolleyes1:

It's like there is just a checkbox that the car has to have these things but no official test or check that they actually need to work correctly!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big_D said:

This happened in our Yaris on Friday last week. It detected the 30mph speed sign and then flashed to say I was over the limit, although I was only doing 18mph. Same thing happened when I was doing 24mph in a 40 zone.

I turned off the RSA, and then switched off the car. Restarted the car, and then switched on the RSA. This didn't help. However, the next day, everything was fine. RSA worked without any problems. I have no idea how, or why this happened.

Get your dealer to install - BE-00734T-TME, I had this on my current Yaris Cross, once this was done the system behaves itself most of the time, just the occasional glitch due to misread signs but significantly better than it was.  If it does glitch it sorts itself at the next sign, not perfect but 90% better.

Honestly, with the RSA, the first thing I do when I upgrade my car is silence that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links