Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Phantom road works?

Haliotis

Just over a week ago a Highways Maintenance lorry arrived in the road and, two doors below us, they placed four yellow cones in the gutter and drove away.  Nothing happened. And a day later the cones disappeared.

Last Friday, the four cones reappeared in the same position, but this time a further two in the gutter on the opposite side of the road.  This morning May 7, without anything happening, the cones have disappeared again.

The only explanation I can think of, is that the cones are undergoing tests to check that they are working satisfactorily.

• Haha 8

Nah, clearly some sort of temporal displacement is happening.

STAY AWAY FROM THE CONES.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We regularly have a van come to the top of the road with loads of cones. Greensleeves playing on the stereo. No cones get placed on the road. Strange ...

• Haha 5

There is a web site run by Cones Central.   They show all road works from today, 2 weeks, a month, 2 months, a year ... and who is to blame. 

One.Network

• Like 3

If you live between a pub and university accommodation they are placed there for the students on Freshers to place upon their heads, and then scream a bit while pulling the Wiper Blades back on cars in the road.

• Haha 4

This is the official use for cones. They may have misplaced the statues, which would explain why the cones disappeared.

6491480591_2e24c438d5_w.jpg

cone4.jpg

• Haha 4

Obviously the statues have slipped into the temporal displacement field.

They could reappear anywhere, watch your heads.

• Haha 4

I don't like how this is turning into a weeping angels episode from Dr Who :eek: 

Don't close your eyes don't look away don't even blink, or the last thing you will see... is a traffic cone :eek: :fear: 

• Haha 4

Give over please, I still have nightmares about the Daleks from back in the 1960s.

Even though I now realise that one of the menacing bits next to the death ray gun was a sink plunger 🪠.

• Haha 4

But it was a very scary and deadly sink plunger!  :eek: 

• Haha 4

The first time i heard someone say that Traffic Cones look like Witches Hats scared me because it reminded me of the Wicked Witch Of The East in the Wizard Of Oz 😱😆 when i was younger mind you even thought of her is still scary 😂

• Haha 3

I've just seen this post and am a little surprised that more people have not seen this placing of cones and their removal. Here in Norfolk they are placed in winter but they are cream coloured and are put in place temporarily to let motorists know that there is a risk of ice on the roads. They are known as ice cream cones. They are collected by a yella lolly which is Fab.😂

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Bper said:

I've just seen this post and am a little surprised that more people have not seen this placing of cones and their removal. Here in Norfolk they are placed in winter but they are cream coloured and are put in place temporarily to let motorists know that there is a risk of ice on the roads. They are known as ice cream cones. They are collected by a yella lolly which is Fab.😂

Does it "Zoom" about?

• Haha 3

We do have cones placed around here randomly, but they are always removed on a Sundae.

• Haha 4

Some of these posts are a bit too Flakey and you all deserve a Lolla' Stick for it...

• Haha 3

When traffic cones started to appear years ago, a then colleague used to call them clowns’ hats.

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links