Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trying to re-tension spring on keyfob of my 2015 Avensis

Gododdin

Hi - first post here and hoping someone can help me.  The spring on my keyfob was unable to pop the key out so I have stripped it down and cleaned everything.  I have watched a couple of YT vids.  I've put it all back together a couple of times so I know how it works but for the life of me I can't figure out how to re-tension the spring.  There is a tiny foot at the base of the spring which fits into a semi-circular groove in the plastic and I know that somehow I have to rotate the key part anti-clockwise one turn but having tried lots of times I just can't do it.  Has anyone done this successfully?   Any tips would be much appreciated as I'm tearing my hair out (not to mention the air in the kitchen is somewhat blue)! 😃

Sorry having trouble picturing it... photo maybe?

With my eBay-Special flip key, I had to wind/twist the spring one more turn and jam it in before it spang out to increase the spring tension.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links