Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris

Steve I

Have just bought our New Yaris is an ex demo model but is the 2024 facelift decided to upgrade to the Excel was a bit of a spur of the moement decsion just went to look and ended up doing a deal on our 2020 Yaris and 2 hours later drove.

Question on the setting for the reading the speed signs it does not seem to store your prefences the wife does not want it bleeping so set it for visual only but when went back in had reset to visual and bleep, i seem to remeber i had to take my old yaris for a softwware update surely dont need the same for this has anybody had same problem 

thanks /

IMG_0051.jpg

• Like 6

Looking at the other threads, every time you start your car you have to turn those settings off. It's part of the safety system, not saving your preferences. Annoying you and teaching you how to drive, is part of the "new safety systems".

• Like 2

Software in latest 2024 model doesn’t allow you to permanently silence the beeps. A consequence of EU legislation unfortunately. You can’t even apply an offset to add a few mph to the speed at which the alert occurs 🙁

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

That's very unfortunate with 2024 models. I have 2023, set it to visual only and it stays that way. Probably wouldn't want to upgrade to 2024 version in the future. Get myself an excel with tech park or the launch edition. 

• Like 4

All of these annoying safety things will likely to be option to adjust in near future either via car menu or with obd adapter and suitable app. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dash said:

You can’t even apply an offset to add a few mph to the speed at which the alert occurs 🙁

This will be annoying when an indicated 30mph, is in fact 28 mph (as shown on sat nav).

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

All of these annoying safety things will likely to be option to adjust in near future either via car menu or with obd adapter and suitable app. 

So far they’ve locked this one down Tony.  It’s new legislation that calls for some form of speed warning or limitation.  

• Like 4

thanks for the replys wife will not be happy lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I must admit, there are certain defeat options that should be done away with like engine stop that won’t meet emissions standards without it but this thing dinging away when you breech the limit by even one mile per hour is a pain.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

but this thing dinging away when you breech the limit by even one mile per hour is a pain.  

It is worse than that because in practice 

it is likely to be repeatedly turned off, thereby preventing an audible warning when more significant speeding has occurred.

• Like 2

Yaris MY24 here (same colour and spec as yours). You can't turn it off permanently. It is like that for all EU cars after 2024. Fortunately, it is less annoying than I thought it would be.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, anchorman said:

I must admit, there are certain defeat options that should be done away with like engine stop that won’t meet emissions standards without it but this thing dinging away when you breech the limit by even one mile per hour is a pain.  

What's even worse is when you ARE driving under the speed limit, but it's still beeping at you because it thinks the speed limit is e.g. 20mph when it isn't!

I don't know if the new models have significantly better sign identification and rejection, but if this was active in mine all my journeys would go something like

*beep beeep beep*

IT'S A 40 ZONE! I'M DOING 40!

*beep beeep beep*

DAMN YOUR CIRCUITS INFERNAL MACHINE!

*beep beeep beep*

GRRABALFLELFL *foaming at the mouth*

Not a good look when I eventually arrive at the job site...! :eek:  :laugh: 

I think if it was the polite gentle dinging that you used to get in '80s and '90s JDM cars when you went above <some speed I forget> it wouldn't be so bad, but it's the same obnoxious warning beep that all the other beeping beeps beeping make in the beeping car, and it's beeping distracting as beep! :eek: :laugh: 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Whilst the number of button presses to turn it off, yet retain road sign recognition, is well into double figures it's only a small handful to turn off RSA.

It's a case of choose your poison 

• Like 2

Can I have a nice cup of tea or something instead...? :unsure:

• Haha 2

Is excess speed warning continous or is it just a few beeps and then stops?

39 minutes ago, Chas G said:

Is excess speed warning continous or is it just a few beeps and then stops?

Continuous. Happens for a few seconds, then slight pause, before it starts again. Rinse and repeat 

• Sad 4

7 hours ago, Andrew56 said:

It is worse than that because in practice 

it is likely to be repeatedly turned off, thereby preventing an audible warning when more significant speeding has occurred.

To stop that happening, they’ve buried it so deep in the menus, it takes three hours to reach it… well, I think Colin said 8 presses!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Here I am contemplating the upgraded UX (with torture buzzer) and this buzzer thing raises its ugly head.  I have a little pre flight ritual of turning the “you will stay in lane even if I drag you into the cones on a completely empty dual carriageway because you didn’t indicate” device, the auto hold on.  I also turn my side lights on to save shining my headlights up my neighbours house across the street.  I suppose I could learn to speed disable the snowflake speed warning or I could locate the buzzer and stuff it full of blutac although I know the prospect of disabling the woohoo noise generator really upset some members on here.  These noise makers are sometimes only a pin hole and take a bit of finding.  I wonder if the UKs only traffic cop would get upset if he saw my legs over anchorwoman’s shoulders while she was constantly shifting between 30 and 30.5 mph? You need your head under the dash for such an investigation.  Final option is keep the one I’ve got but there doesn’t seem much point living without changing cars at a ridiculous rate.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You do get used to disabling it so much that you eventually memorise the pattern.

From memory it's 1 press, 3 up, 1 long press, 2 presses, 2 up, 1 press, 2 back 

The real challenge is trying to do it in time to music. I've mastered Beethoven's 5th but Bohemian Rhapsody is proving to be a real challenge 🤔

• Haha 2

I certainly won't be buying a car that necessitates going through an 11 press routine to stop it beeping at me.

One good wack with "old faithfull" would be more appropriate.

17153686933184903557434090207679.thumb.png.e6c007e32dbb9a9aa0ed3503fe08cf4f.png

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

You do get used to disabling it so much that you eventually memorise the pattern.

From memory it's 1 press, 3 up, 1 long press, 2 presses, 2 up, 1 press, 2 back 

The real challenge is trying to do it in time to music. I've mastered Beethoven's 5th but Bohemian Rhapsody is proving to be a real challenge 🤔

That’s the same pattern as phase one of anchorwoman backing down the drive.  I know that off by heart already.  

• Haha 2

I have to admit I dont even really notice it moan now if I happen to go over the limit. There are a few roads where it says its a 30 but its not its a national and it beeps 3 times and stops and even then the beeps are not that loud so if you have some music on a very low volume you dont even hear it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

queston in the MyToyota app one of the icons is a map it shows me where home is where car is but if i search a place it shows but not the route or if it can be sent to car i think i have three services connected standard remote and smart is there soemthing else i need to do the app and my ipgone are paired to the car thanks 

Map is useless, that search box doesn't do anything useful. On the Vehicle tab (the first one) go to My Places (or something named similar, I don't have English version) and there is a button in a bottom of that pane. Press it and it will redirect you to the screen when Home/Work addresses can be setup. On the bottom there is an option to send location to a car.

Thanks but don’t seem have that option all I have are as in pics 

IMG_0080.png

IMG_0079.png

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links