Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Direct Line loses a few customers after hiking prices

FROSTYBALLS

I want to know where all those customers went! Pretty much all the insurance companies have done similar hikes...! :unsure:

I was with them for years but suddenly last year it went up by over 300%. I just assumed I had fallen outside their preferred customer range due to age or some other factor. I think I am with Tesco at the moment, them being cheapest.

• Like 1

I think most people have been with them over the years but like most of the other insurance companies they have continued to hike prices. :sad:

I have a very desirable high performance Golf and it's just a case of changing companies every year.

The year before last it was LV...last year was Allianz and this year if Allianz shaft me then the AA are giving me a good quote.

Someone will always want your business and try and undercut the opposition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MC1216 said:

I have a very desirable high performance Golf and it's just a case of changing companies every year.

The year before last it was LV...last year was Allianz and this year if Allianz shaft me then the AA are giving me a good quote.

That's true but it takes days of filling in forms online starting four weeks before due date and ending around two weeks before. I hate insurance renewal time.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MC1216 said:

Allianz is LV they have booted a lot of customers too

https://www.allianz.com/en/press/news/financials/stakes_investments/200102_Allianz-completes-purchase-of-LV-General-Insurance-Group.html

my renewal is due next month going to be shopping around, Flux has been ok, but changing over cars £35 admin fee plus an increase stung a lot, i can see it being another £2-300 on top of last year's premium

I was with Tesco and DL for a long time (was the same underwriter - Insurance UK)

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links