Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have you ever met anyone famous

Primus1

Mel Smith at the races, Geoff Hurst at a football event, Uri Geller at his house...

I'm sure those famous people were just as excited to meet us! 

• Like 2

Used to be a chef in a restaurant in Soho(London) few years ago. Been cooking for Kim Basinger, Gwyneth Paltrow. Ving Rhames and Tom Cruise came in once to order takeaway burgers and stood at the front of the restaurant. Ving Rhames came back to the kitchen later to thank us

Also in front of the restaurant saw once Rhys Ifans - very funny guy

• Like 3

I my my career as a soccer referee I have met many many world famous footballers, shaken hands with presidents and prime minisisters, so yes I've been fortunate enough to have met a few famous people. I won't name any because it would seem like boasting.

• Like 2

I saw that women with the enormous bazoomas that no longer has enormous ones at Manchester airport. I don't think anyone could actually meet her, they could not get close enough.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mjolinor said:

I saw that women with the enormous bazoomas that no longer has enormous ones at Manchester airport. I don't think anyone could actually meet her, they could not get close enough.

Well which airport Does she have the enormous ones then🤭

1 hour ago, Mjolinor said:

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2024 at 9:58 AM, MC1216 said:

Famous or infamous...

IMG-20160910-183640588.thumb.jpg.9123f8376dd4b11a08cc16db366284b4.jpg

Famous and Great! (speaking as a working class bloke from a Yorkshire pit village)

Yes, quite a few really... racing drivers Martin Brundle, Jonathan Palmer, Perry Mccarthy ( "The Stig"), Eddie Erving and Derek Bell.  Boxers, Herol Graham, Prince Naseem Hamed,  Johnny Nelson. Footballers, Bruce Grobbelaar, Chris Waddell, Emlyn Hughes (other footballers, who football fans will know, but I can't remember, because I don't really care about football...) and Vinny Jones (also now an actor of course).  Paranormalist Uri Geller and Psychic Medium Derek Acora. Jamie Reeves, who was the 1989 Worlds Strongest Man and Jon Pall Sigmarssun, who won the Worlds Strongest man 4 times. Also, the actor bloke, with the blond hair, who was in Minder, after Dennis Waterman left.....all of this was, of course,  many, many year ago, when I was a young man. Now I'm a Grand Pa, but , I had another famous person meet, Christmas before last. I bumped into Roy "Chubby" Brown (was in a garden centre).  😀

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 9:57 PM, dannyboy413 said:

When I was a teenager, (so a long time ago!), my late Mum used to be a very talented dressmaker and would design and make dresses etc., for lots of ladies. We would have been worth a fortune if Mum had charged what she was worth. 😃. Sorry, I digress. I quite often would deliver what Mum had created to said ladies for a tanner, or, if I was lucky, a shilling, (told you it was a long time ago). One Saturday afternoon, I delivered something to a lady who lived about 4 miles away. I knocked on the door and was totally gobsmacked when Roger Moore answered the door :shocking:

Raised an eyebrow with that one .....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

I my my career as a soccer referee I have met many many world famous footballers, shaken hands with presidents and prime minisisters, so yes I've been fortunate enough to have met a few famous people. I won't name any because it would seem like boasting.

Bernard Foy, you win 👍😉😃

• Haha 2

On 5/9/2024 at 9:23 PM, Rhymes with Paris said:

No, I try very hard to avoid them.

The best answer! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mjolinor said:

Jordan, that's the one.

Very few of the names in this thread mean anything to me. The Queen, Mrs Thatcher and perhaps a few others.

Being famous now just seems to mean someone has said 'I am a celebrity' with no other qualification.

I spent 10 years thinking Kanye West was female. Gobsmacked when it turned out to be a bloke.

• Haha 2

On 5/9/2024 at 11:08 PM, Rhymes with Paris said:

Always thought there was something dodgy about that fella.

No Way!! He was a Saint😂🤣

• Haha 3

I also bumped in to, Mel C (Sporty spice) she was on same flight back from Florida, did not even twig at first as she was a lot smaller than i imagined. We did a bit of small talk at the baggage carousel about the flight.

Buster Merrifield in Bournemouth, we almost ran him over as he was not looking here he was going.

Almost Caddied for Russ Abbot when i was 15 but my mate got it, So i was left shouting "Eh jimmy" in the distance (one of his comedy charaectors)... Probably good idea i didn't as pretty sure i would have been annoying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/11/2024 at 12:59 PM, mpm235 said:

Raised an eyebrow with that one .....

Obviously a TalkingPicturesTV fanboy!! 😉

• Like 1

Met quite a few myself. Had dinner with a well know Friends cast member, lunch with a well known British Racing driver, and often visited the house of a well known survival TV personality amongst others. Have shaken hands with Senior politicians, and met radio presenters and pop stars. Just like @Bernard Foy, I'm not going to mention any names for fear of boasting. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 11:10 AM, Roy124 said:

Met Ted Heath once.  Didn't wash my hand afterwards 

for 15 minutes or so

Did you count your fingers after 🤣

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Big_D said:

Met quite a few myself. Had dinner with a well know Friends cast member, lunch with a well known British Racing driver, and often visited the house of a well known survival TV personality amongst others. Have shaken hands with Senior politicians, and met radio presenters and pop stars. Just like @Bernard Foy, I'm not going to mention any names for fear of boasting. 

Don’t be shy…boast away..

• Like 1

I was told I'd met Michael Oldfield in a pub once, but didn't recognise him. Mind you I think he was fairly shy anyway.

I met Arthur Negus (antiques expert often on the BBC) back in the 80s when his choir came to our local church for a concert.

I also know the guy who wrote the theme song for The Detectorists

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links