Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm going off often and randomly?

tomashen

Hi all! Auris 2015 post face lift. 

Alarm goes off random in the evenings, some times 2-3 times within an hour... Frustrating when youre one eye open almost dead asleep!! 

Some nights driving there is a bug flying about inside and i cannot seem to get it out for days, weeks even! A grey winged bug. (any suggestion to kill this bug and perhaps any eggs it may have left anywhere inside etc?) 

Any ideas? I read this suggestion i need to try but skeptical disabling alarm in any way.... 

On the verge of selling this auris tbh... Chairs sqyeek when going over bigger speedbumps... Ride is kind of stiff and you feel every pot every pebble on the road... Suspension is all good and checked... 😡

But what else is reliable that gives comfort.... And doesnt cost a mortgage... 

Hi, 

you can disable the interior sensor and the bug eventually will die or find its way out. For poor comfort you may have over inflated tyres, something to check on cold first thing in the morning before the sun sees the car and before you drive off. Car suspension is sensitive about tyres pressure and if these are way out ot will become harsh and crushing, if too low it will become very squishy and wobbly. 
My Auris was not great with 17” wheels but o have replaced these with smaller 16” and the car has a nice rubbery feel, tyres are also best in business and these helps actually a lot. 

• Like 1

From another recent thread, i can confirm that disconnecting the bonnet sensor attached to bonnet latch does indeed disable the alarm.

The alarm usually arms itself after 30 seconds when using remote to lock the car.

Not aware of there being any sound or ultrasonic sensors on the car. That sensor in the interior light is for the handsfree mic for phone audio.

As far as im aware the alarm sensors are triggered by simple door switches.

As Tony suggests, check your tyre pressure, as i cant complain about ride comfort on my auris 2016 hatchback with 16" alloys.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 1:05 AM, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

you can disable the interior sensor and the bug eventually will die or find its way out. For poor comfort you may have over inflated tyres, something to check on cold first thing in the morning before the sun sees the car and before you drive off. Car suspension is sensitive about tyres pressure and if these are way out ot will become harsh and crushing, if too low it will become very squishy and wobbly. 
My Auris was not great with 17” wheels but o have replaced these with smaller 16” and the car has a nice rubbery feel, tyres are also best in business and these helps actually a lot. 

What PSI do you recommend for the wheels? 

The bugs keep coming back(reapearring) fwho knows from where. Alarm  going off couple times a week , few times per night. Frustrating. I am really getting tired of this car! Such nonsensical things....

Alarms shoulnt need disabling imo.

5 hours ago, tomashen said:

What PSI do you recommend for the wheels? 

The bugs keep coming back(reapearring) fwho knows from where. Alarm  going off couple times a week , few times per night. Frustrating. I am really getting tired of this car! Such nonsensical things....

Alarms shoulnt need disabling imo.

Hi, 

alarm can go off when you have low 12v Battery too. You can measure this with simple volt meter and when the car is unlocked and you get access to the Battery should be at least 12.2v or ideally 12.6v if anything lower then best to recharge with a smart charger. 
For the tyre pressure best to double check on the door label. On my car is shown 2.3 bar front and 2.2bar rear. 
This is pressure on cold , checked before driving off and before sun sees the car, as these two can change the pressures significantly. 

On 5/19/2024 at 4:02 AM, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

alarm can go off when you have low 12v battery too. You can measure this with simple volt meter and when the car is unlocked and you get access to the battery should be at least 12.2v or ideally 12.6v if anything lower then best to recharge with a smart charger. 
For the tyre pressure best to double check on the door label. On my car is shown 2.3 bar front and 2.2bar rear. 
This is pressure on cold , checked before driving off and before sun sees the car, as these two can change the pressures significantly. 

12v brand new, under year old. Changed for this reason and for the fact my dash rpm gauge stutter sometimes, but only from cold start and only for a minute or so until engine is warm.... So far this rpm needle stutter i noticed only once with new Battery.. But the alarm ***** me off. And i think i know the issue, i saw this grey big moth fly inside (3 of them) from who knows where. I kill them all and spray fly killer spray inside overnight. So far couple days ok. 

But these little things making me go trade it in for lexus or skoda ffs... I love toyota ecvt box hence i lean to lexus is300h maybe... Not sure what other lexus under 18k is good 

• Like 1

Not bad. Lexus will be a good move. 
Lexus ux or es both very good cars. 

Ux looks exactly what i want but way out of price range for me. Any other recommendations? Is300h is not very practical for me. Hatchback/estate is way better to haul crap 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomashen said:

12v brand new, under year old. Changed for this reason and for the fact my dash rpm gauge stutter sometimes, but only from cold start and only for a minute or so until engine is warm.... So far this rpm needle stutter i noticed only once with new battery.. But the alarm ***** me off. And i think i know the issue, i saw this grey big moth fly inside (3 of them) from who knows where. I kill them all and spray fly killer spray inside overnight. So far couple days ok. 

But these little things making me go trade it in for lexus or skoda ffs... I love toyota ecvt box hence i lean to lexus is300h maybe... Not sure what other lexus under 18k is good 

Auris has no ultrasonic sensors fitted, so moths are not your cause. For good karma, why not just open a window and let them out, then spray the fly killer? Good luck with your search for a new car.

I don't know if modern car alarms are as sensitive nowadays as they used to be,but they could often be set off by radio transmissions.  Way back when I was still working and I had a transceiver in my van, if I was operating on the 70cm band I would sometimes set off car  alarms as I was driving past them.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, solero said:

Auris has no ultrasonic sensors fitted, so moths are not your cause. For good karma, why not just open a window and let them out, then spray the fly killer? Good luck with your search for a new car.

I was reading other threads too saying that the interior motion alarm is very sensitive. Others had success by disabling internal alarm on the head liner by the dome lights with that button and then locking car with physical key but i cant see myself doing this... Ridiculous... Windows can be left open they dont leave i tried. They flap around inside until either i kill them or go 100kmh with two opposite side window open 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hadrian1 said:

I don't know if modern car alarms are as sensitive nowadays as they used to be,but they could often be set off by radio transmissions.  Way back when I was still working and I had a transceiver in my van, if I was operating on the 70cm band I would sometimes set off car  alarms as I was driving past them.

Hmm, my router is fritzbox and it does disable some specifix bands for wifi already as safety for any aeroplanes(it detect some radio frequencies in the area) idk..? 

Frequencies in the range of around 440 Mhz  used to be affected. There were some case where people parked in a multi story car park, which was close to a high power transmitter. When they went back to their cars, they couldn't unlock them.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2024 at 10:32 PM, tomashen said:

Hi all! Auris 2015 post face lift. 

Alarm goes off random in the evenings, some times 2-3 times within an hour... Frustrating when youre one eye open almost dead asleep!! 

Some nights driving there is a bug flying about inside and i cannot seem to get it out for days, weeks even! A grey winged bug. (any suggestion to kill this bug and perhaps any eggs it may have left anywhere inside etc?) 

Any ideas? I read this suggestion i need to try but skeptical disabling alarm in any way.... 

On the verge of selling this auris tbh... Chairs sqyeek when going over bigger speedbumps... Ride is kind of stiff and you feel every pot every pebble on the road... Suspension is all good and checked... 😡

But what else is reliable that gives comfort.... And doesnt cost a mortgage... 

Is it fitted with a bonnet switch if so try a sticky/ felt pad just to push the plunger in that bit. more.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2024 at 9:44 PM, Derek.w said:

Is it fitted with a bonnet switch if so try a sticky/ felt pad just to push the plunger in that bit. more.

How to check this one? Not sure what it looks like. 

7 hours ago, tomashen said:

How to check this one? Not sure what it looks like. 

Just Google Bonnet alarm switch for a idea of what to look for.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links