Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Limited Remote Climate Settings on App

Corolly Poly

I understand that and thanks for taking the time to respond .  Its no biggie for me but just wondering what's going on. 

3 hours ago, Extreme_One said:

It incredibly unlikely to me that a MY24 Excel will have fewer features than the M23 Icon.

I am not au fait with Corolla model years, but wonder if the MY24 Excel and MY23 Icon are actually but the same Model Year which is not the same as the registration plate year.

My MY23 Icon facelift I believe is almost identical to the MY24 cars, the main difference being MY24 has road sign assist permanently switched on with settings reset every time you restart the car.

Perhaps unfortunately, one of the first posts that I saw on joining the group (by DevonAygo perhaps?) was saying that OTA updates had been suspended as they were causing an unrecoverable boot loop.   

There's also a certain amount of 'traffic' on here concerning people having difficulty with the tech.   This being a case in point.

I would like to be more trusting but I think I was born without the gene.

31 minutes ago, sportse said:

My MY23 Icon facelift I believe is almost identical to the MY24 cars, the main difference being MY24 has road sign assist permanently switched on with settings reset every time you restart the car.

There seems to be more differences between the MY23 and MY24 Excels. JBL sound and wireless AA I think are new for the MY24

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SDR said:

Perhaps unfortunately, one of the first posts that I saw on joining the group (by DevonAygo perhaps?) was saying that OTA updates had been suspended as they were causing an unrecoverable boot loop.   

There's also a certain amount of 'traffic' on here concerning people having difficulty with the tech.   This being a case in point.

I would like to be more trusting but I think I was born without the gene.

Maybe it is indeed a tech issue they will resolve in time. There were certainly problems initially with being able to register the car and entering the mileage in the app.

5 hours ago, Chainbreaker said:

RE heated seats, they will come on with remote climate if you leave the buttons switched on beforehand. Just means a bit of forward planning is all. 

My MY23 Excel TS has the below features so you're definitely missing them, not sure if the app just needs updated or if something has changed with MY24 models.Screenshot_20240515_110048_MyToyota.thumb.jpg.e5ce0254ac0da6365ebc850fedbc7b9f.jpgScreenshot_20240515_110055_MyToyota.thumb.jpg.1486518d0b2ba065e5ccb2b7e59e7834.jpg

Seems that there are no window controls with 2024 connected services in the brochure. Can you actually change the temperature of your climate control remotely or does it just stay at what was set when you exited the car? My dealer seems to think this is the case and it is why you have defrosts and I don't - can't say I'm convinced.

image.thumb.png.ae4be0f63987e0a06e5973b17f798cfd.png

33 minutes ago, Corolly Poly said:

Seems that there are no window controls with 2024 connected services in the brochure

There were no window controls for the 2023 model in the brochure either, it was added in an app update.

Can you say "hey Toyota, open all the windows" ?

If the car then opens all the windows I think your app should also be capable of doing so in your car 

2 hours ago, sportse said:

There are a few differences that I'm aware of, maybe others that I'm not...

On the minus side, what they have done to the TSS.  On the plus side, MY24 Icons have wireless AA, heated steering wheels and the weird heating element at the bottom of the windscreen which is supposed to stop the wipers freezing (only weird because I have never seen such a thing on any other car).   I do appreciate the heated steering wheel ☺️

One thing I've noticed is that the temperature setting for the remote start overrides what you had set previously.

I normally have 19/20 in the car but choose 24 for the defrosting in the app.

Every time I get in the car afterwards I have to manually change the temperature back from 24 to the previous setting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SDR said:

On the minus side, what they have done to the TSS.  On the plus side, MY24 Icons have wireless AA, heated steering wheels and the weird heating element at the bottom of the windscreen which is supposed to stop the wipers freezing (only weird because I have never seen such a thing on any other car).   I do appreciate the heated steering wheel ☺️

The heated steering wheel would have been useful, as I'm always parked outside in winter.

On my last car I had heated windscreen washer nozzles, they came on automatically when it was cold but some of the wiper blade element heating options I've seen require you to turn it on yourself. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Extreme_One said:

There were no window controls for the 2023 model in the brochure either, it was added in an app update.

Can you say "hey Toyota, open all the windows" ?

If the car then opens all the windows I think your app should also be capable of doing so in your car 

She does indeed obey window commands.  For the time being l will assume it's just a technical glitch with the MY24 that will get fixed eventually. 🤞

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SDR said:

Icons have a heated steering wheel! I feel cheated!😂

Just looked around and there is no mention of HSW on any grade / model of 2024 Corolla. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Corolly Poly said:

Icons have a heated steering wheel! I feel cheated!😂

Just looked around and there is no mention of HSW on any grade / model of 2024 Corolla. 

I sometimes, tongue-in-cheek, refer to it as 'poverty spec'.   Maybe it isn't...

I'm fairly sure that I saw it in the online brochure when I placed the order but, when I looked again just before the car was due to arrive, it didn't seem to be there.

Whatever:

20240515_182001.thumb.jpg.1a5c38e3bebf5eed437df0b647b68501.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SDR said:

I sometimes, tongue-in-cheek, refer to it as 'poverty spec'.   Maybe it isn't...

I'm fairly sure that I saw it in the online brochure when I placed the order but, when I looked again just before the car was due to arrive, it didn't seem to be there.

Whatever:

20240515_182001.thumb.jpg.1a5c38e3bebf5eed437df0b647b68501.jpg

Looks like you got lucky. Presume its not an import as some other countries get HSW

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corolly Poly said:

Looks like you got lucky. Presume its not an import as some other countries get HSW

No, not an import.   UK dealer.   I wouldn't put it past a car manufacturer to substitute an overseas built car but the V5C is OK and it has a UK VIN.

The Suzuki Swace, at least the top trim, gets a HSW.   Maybe it was built on the Suzuki production line 🤔 

• Like 1

Well after investigating further my dealer says for some strange reason the options I don't have were removed for MY24 and I don't have any connection issues. 

• Sad 1

Well window controls and defrost have just appeared in my app🤔

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Corolly Poly said:

Well window controls and defrost have just appeared in my app🤔

Just shows how misinformed the dealers can be when you ask them questions they ought to know or, at least, should be able to find out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Extreme_One said:

Just shows how misinformed the dealers can be when you ask them questions they ought to know or, at least, should be able to find out.

Yes, and extremely mysterious that almost immediately after I enquired the services appeared

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links