Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Accident Damage

Starensis

This is embarassing!

One the side lamps/DRL's had gone on the Yaris ( 67 Plate, Hybrid, Icon-Tech ), so bought some LED effect bulbs to fit. Fitted them both, but to check, you have to switch car on, select D or R and Handbrake off ( then re-applied ) - which I did, checked and both worked fine. Jumped back in car to turn all off, touched acc pedal and car crept into front wall! 😠

Damage - Front corner of bumper damage, plus, section of grille damaged. I've got the paint job sorted at a reasonable cost, but they wont do the Gloss black grille. Therefore, I'm after some info as to best place to source piano black grille. I'd imagine Toyota will be ~£200, but will give them a ring.

This is the wife's car, so imagine the stick I've had for doing it!!

Help me get her off my back......Please. 🙏

Bumper 1.jpg

Bumper 2.jpg

• Sad 2

Looks like a dab of gloss black paint would make that fairly hard to see. I'd certainly give it a go before shelling big bucks for a grille (which might be one stolen off another car and any way you get it isn't good for the environment).

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MikeSh said:

Looks like a dab of gloss black paint would make that fairly hard to see. I'd certainly give it a go before shelling big bucks for a grille (which might be one stolen off another car and any way you get it isn't good for the environment).

Will have a go.

Hopefully, I've found a second-hand one for £90. Toyota want £230.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeSh said:

A wee bit of T Cut first and then see what's left to touch up 👍

• Like 3

Some black paint will do. After the initial disappointment, I wouldn't care after painting over it. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Some black paint will do. After the initial disappointment, I wouldn't care after painting over it. 

I’m hoping that will be case. 🙏🏼😬

• Like 1

If you change the bumper you’ve got the radar to deal with.  Like the others, I’d patch it up first then go to stage 2 if you or the mrs can’t live with it.  

3 hours ago, anchorman said:

you’ve got the radar to deal with

Yaris III had the radar?

29 minutes ago, hind said:

Yaris III had the radar?

And if you do go down the route of the bumper coming off, then I'd take the opportunity to upgrade the horn, because I'm just guessing that it's probably like "Noddy's" horn !!

Just not sure why Toyota scrimp when it comes to horns nowadays.

When I had my new Aygo X, that was the first job I did and I upgraded the horn to the one that was in the new Rav4s, made a difference. Luckily I did this on a hot day and I was just about able to do it by loosening the front wheel arch and removing one of the fog lights and just about got my hand in.

And if I get the chance, I'll be replacing the rubbish horn in my Yaris Cross, it's absolutely ridiculous.  But I just don't fancy taking that bumper off !!

• Like 1

Your wife won't notice it, save yourself the hassle 😜

• Like 1

4 hours ago, anchorman said:

If you change the bumper you’ve got the radar to deal with.  Like the others, I’d patch it up first then go to stage 2 if you or the mrs can’t live with it.  

Ours doesn’t have the active cruise control, so no radar to worry about. 👍

20 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

And if you do go down the route of the bumper coming off, then I'd take the opportunity to upgrade the horn, because I'm just guessing that it's probably like "Noddy's" horn !!

Just not sure why Toyota scrimp when it comes to horns nowadays.

When I had my new Aygo X, that was the first job I did and I upgraded the horn to the one that was in the new Rav4s, made a difference. Luckily I did this on a hot day and I was just about able to do it by loosening the front wheel arch and removing one of the fog lights and just about got my hand in.

And if I get the chance, I'll be replacing the rubbish horn in my Yaris Cross, it's absolutely ridiculous.  But I just don't fancy taking that bumper off !!

TBH, the horn isn’t that bad. It’s the wife’s car, so I’m not tooting and hiding most of the time. 😳

I’ve booked it in for paintwork ( bumper corner ) to be re-sprayed ( £180 ), plus ordered some gloss touch-up paint for the grille.

Hopefully, job done. 🤞🏼

Thanks for all the comments. 👍👍

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links