Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


  • Join Toyota Owners Club

    Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

     

     

Accident Damage


Starensis
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is embarassing!

One the side lamps/DRL's had gone on the Yaris ( 67 Plate, Hybrid, Icon-Tech ), so bought some LED effect bulbs to fit. Fitted them both, but to check, you have to switch car on, select D or R and Handbrake off ( then re-applied ) - which I did, checked and both worked fine. Jumped back in car to turn all off, touched acc pedal and car crept into front wall! 😠

Damage - Front corner of bumper damage, plus, section of grille damaged. I've got the paint job sorted at a reasonable cost, but they wont do the Gloss black grille. Therefore, I'm after some info as to best place to source piano black grille. I'd imagine Toyota will be ~£200, but will give them a ring.

This is the wife's car, so imagine the stick I've had for doing it!!

Help me get her off my back......Please. 🙏

Bumper 1.jpg

Bumper 2.jpg

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Looks like a dab of gloss black paint would make that fairly hard to see. I'd certainly give it a go before shelling big bucks for a grille (which might be one stolen off another car and any way you get it isn't good for the environment).

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, MikeSh said:

Looks like a dab of gloss black paint would make that fairly hard to see. I'd certainly give it a go before shelling big bucks for a grille (which might be one stolen off another car and any way you get it isn't good for the environment).

Will have a go.

Hopefully, I've found a second-hand one for £90. Toyota want £230.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MikeSh said:

Looks like a dab of gloss black paint would make that fairly hard to see. I'd certainly give it a go before shelling big bucks for a grille (which might be one stolen off another car and any way you get it isn't good for the environment).

A wee bit of T Cut first and then see what's left to touch up 👍

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some black paint will do. After the initial disappointment, I wouldn't care after painting over it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


17 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Some black paint will do. After the initial disappointment, I wouldn't care after painting over it. 

I’m hoping that will be case. 🙏🏼😬

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you change the bumper you’ve got the radar to deal with.  Like the others, I’d patch it up first then go to stage 2 if you or the mrs can’t live with it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, anchorman said:

you’ve got the radar to deal with

Yaris III had the radar?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, hind said:

Yaris III had the radar?

And if you do go down the route of the bumper coming off, then I'd take the opportunity to upgrade the horn, because I'm just guessing that it's probably like "Noddy's" horn !!

Just not sure why Toyota scrimp when it comes to horns nowadays.

When I had my new Aygo X, that was the first job I did and I upgraded the horn to the one that was in the new Rav4s, made a difference. Luckily I did this on a hot day and I was just about able to do it by loosening the front wheel arch and removing one of the fog lights and just about got my hand in.

And if I get the chance, I'll be replacing the rubbish horn in my Yaris Cross, it's absolutely ridiculous.  But I just don't fancy taking that bumper off !!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your wife won't notice it, save yourself the hassle 😜

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, anchorman said:

If you change the bumper you’ve got the radar to deal with.  Like the others, I’d patch it up first then go to stage 2 if you or the mrs can’t live with it.  

Ours doesn’t have the active cruise control, so no radar to worry about. 👍
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

And if you do go down the route of the bumper coming off, then I'd take the opportunity to upgrade the horn, because I'm just guessing that it's probably like "Noddy's" horn !!

Just not sure why Toyota scrimp when it comes to horns nowadays.

When I had my new Aygo X, that was the first job I did and I upgraded the horn to the one that was in the new Rav4s, made a difference. Luckily I did this on a hot day and I was just about able to do it by loosening the front wheel arch and removing one of the fog lights and just about got my hand in.

And if I get the chance, I'll be replacing the rubbish horn in my Yaris Cross, it's absolutely ridiculous.  But I just don't fancy taking that bumper off !!

TBH, the horn isn’t that bad. It’s the wife’s car, so I’m not tooting and hiding most of the time. 😳

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve booked it in for paintwork ( bumper corner ) to be re-sprayed ( £180 ), plus ordered some gloss touch-up paint for the grille.

Hopefully, job done. 🤞🏼

Thanks for all the comments. 👍👍

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share






×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership