Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

USB cable in charger location

Romcars

Hi all,

I would like to use the USB plug in the wireless charger compartment outside the compartment with the lid down.

(to plug in a wireless android auto device)

anyone knows how to open it somewhere ? or where to drill a hole without damaging wiring

thanks!

1 hour ago, Romcars said:

Hi all,

I would like to use the USB plug in the wireless charger compartment outside the compartment with the lid down.

(to plug in a wireless android auto device)

anyone knows how to open it somewhere ? or where to drill a hole without damaging wiring

thanks!

Hi, I have been trying to work out the same thing, partly because my phone doesn't fit in the charging space but also because I want to use Android Auto which requires the cable.  I have been looking at trying to get a flat/ribbon USB cable rather than cutting holes but as yet haven't found one I would trust (the ones I have found seem to be a 'make your own' with a ribbon cable and clip on usb plugs (a bit like some internal pcb connections)

If I manage to find anything that works I will update here.

Hello,
I have managed to access the inside of the center compartment :
First step is by pulling up on the box under the armrest when it is fully back. you then have leverage to push the piano noir plastics up from there as you will be able to see the clips.
I have put a cable in that compartment via holes that are on the side, but you need a very small cable (i.e. the usb end needs to be small) as it is a tight fit.

On 5/18/2024 at 11:29 AM, dooby said:

I have been looking at trying to get a flat/ribbon USB cable rather than cutting holes but as yet haven't found one I would trust 

I googled flat cables,  lots of choice including lots from Amazon which of course has free returns (for Prime members).

I tried to get a left angle cable but was sent a right angle.   The supplier refunded my money but said don't return.  Ordered again, still wrong but this time to return.   I returned both.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links