Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Saving sat-nav destinations

FiestaRed

Is there a simple way to download all the sat-nav destinations I have stored on my Corolla TS please?
I'd like to transfer these stored destinations to a different make of car and rather than sitting in the car and physically writing down the destination I just wondered if there was a simpler way of doing it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike, I don't think so.

I know that destinations entered in one profile or as guest cannot be read from a different profile.   If there was any easy way of doing that, downloading destinations I am sure would have been possible. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Mike, I don't think so.

I know that destinations entered in one profile or as guest cannot be read from a different profile.   If there was any easy way of doing that, downloading destinations I am sure would have been possible. 

Thanks for the help Roy. Really appreciate the reply.

Facing exactly the same problem too on my brand new 2024 TS Excel 2.0

Its a bit of a pain so I mainly use google Maps or Tomtom on android auto as they already know about my contacts and destinations on all my devices / vehicles. would like to use the inbuilt Satnav a bit more as it seems ok but usually can't be bothered to plug in new destinations, especially when I am driving.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corolly Poly said:

usually can't be bothered to plug in new destinations, especially when I am driving.

The voice commands work surprisingly well. 

"Hey Toyota, navigate to ASDA Leamington Spa"

"Hey Toyota, let's drive to 44 Hampton Road, Teddington"

"Hey Toyota, drive to nearest petrol station"

"Hey Toyota where's the nearest Costa Coffee?"

"Hey Toyota, let's go home"

If it slightly misinterprets what you say, or you get the address slightly wrong, it'll offer a list of nearest matches. 

It's really quite effective.

• Like 2

Google,  Waze and Toyota all offer different things but none offer everything I want.

Toyota display the speed limit when I am in a Specs zone together with my actual speed,  though I haven't figured out if it is actual or average. It doesn't show the other limits.

Google shows the limits but not the speed unless I exceed the speed limit.

Google now flashes up a camera warning, OK if you are looking.  Toyota  boops.

I like the Google satnav picture but can be caught out when it really zooms in for a turn.

5 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Google,  Waze and Toyota all offer different things but none offer everything I want.

Toyota display the speed limit when I am in a Specs zone together with my actual speed,  though I haven't figured out if it is actual or average. It doesn't show the other limits.

Google shows the limits but not the speed unless I exceed the speed limit.

Google now flashes up a camera warning, OK if you are looking.  Toyota  boops.

I like the Google satnav picture but can be caught out when it really zooms in for a turn.

TomTom is pretty good in these respects and seems to work pretty well through AA

Since a few years ago, I've found that life's too short to even consider using anything other than a phone navigation app (take your pick) via the carplay / AA connection. It's just better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corolly Poly said:

TomTom is pretty good in these respects and seems to work pretty well through AA

TomTom provides the in-car navigation on the 2023 and onwards Corolla. 🙂 

In all my previous cars, for about the last 10 years I'd always default to using Android Auto and Waze as the in-car solution was so poor. Imagine my surprise when I came to the conclusion that the in-car solution was at least as good, and in some ways better, than using AA and 3rd party software!

2 minutes ago, Extreme_One said:

TomTom provides the in-car navigation on the 2023 and onwards Corolla. 🙂

Yes but interface different and contacts / favourites transportable.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links