Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2016 Aygo location of connector for headlight sidelight LEDs

ptang

Hi all,

I'm looking for the headlight unit connector for the sidelight LEDs so I can take a spur for another set of sidelight LED strips.

On the back of the headlight unit I can find the indicator, main/dipped beam bulb, headlight adjustment and dipped/main beam switch connectors but I can't see where the sidelight feed comes into the unit. The wiring diagram doesn't seem to mention it either although it does show the DRLs in the lower bumper. I know the DRL/sidelights are an either/or so I'd assume they run off that side of the circuit but how does the LED feed get into the headlight unit!?

Thanks in advance as always!

JB.

after 2014 DRL's are a legal requirement, sounds like you have the wrong diagram - sidelights are run off the taillight circuit it should be green and white/black wires - low/high beam is one bulb with a shutter to change between the 2

HIR2Headlight_projector_schematic.thumb.png.6ea68a6918813a2f18e77cf91e4aa6b3.png

DRLs are on their own circuit

Thanks Flash for the colour combination for the sidelights - that helped narrow it down.

I worked it out in the end. The wiring diagram I have is correct for my car/year and is correct now that I read it properly!

image.thumb.png.3e5ae77db78e27da7eb248643a19bedf.png

I should have seen that for each headlight unit shown above there are two different connectors (A and B) and not one (note: my car is the *10 variant).

Using my phone to check properly in the worst place to put a connector, I can see the B connector with Black and White-Black for the Dip/Main Beam Solenoid (Pins 3+4) also has a Green and White-Black pair (Pins 1+2) which is obviously the sidelights.

image.thumb.png.e385505c658591d16fb2aadb973eeaae.png

I bet if I found the diagram which had the sidelights on it, then it would show the same 'A5' RH and 'A54' LH connectors used for those connections.

Now I can have fun at the weekend adding the new lights.

JB.

• Like 1

kgb40sidelights.thumb.jpg.458eebe1b516bf7a6560592156037e18.jpg

*16 is pre 2018

Thanks for the confirmation - nice to see A5 and A54 so it all makes sense now!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links