Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are these 17in rims compatible with my Auris 2008.

roxor99

I have original 16in 6,5j toyota rims with ET45.

I would upgrade to 17in 7j alloys with ET53.

According to wheel-size.com 17s are compatible but with an offset of ET50. How much of a problem is it?

As per willtheyfit.com: Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 14.4mm closer to the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 1.7mm less than before.

Screenshot_20240523-172334_Chrome.jpg

ET is measured in mm; The ET will usually be different with different width rims as it often changes to keep the centreline of the rim in the same place, although some times it's changed to move the rim out/in to avoid hitting the arch at full lock.

If ET50 is fine, ET53 should be fine too - I'd be very surprised if 3mm difference would be even noticeable!

Still, a test fit and run would be advisable, to make sure it doesn't rub and speed bumps etc don't make it hit anything, and remember it will almost certainly need to be declared to your insurance company!

• Like 1

14.4mm closet to the suspension inner side might be a problem. Best to check on that. I have original 17” wheels from my Auris if you are interested. 

• Like 1

What is your ET TonyHSD?

Thanks for the insight Cyker.

• Like 1

It’s ET50 17x7J 

image.thumb.jpeg.20ba9e71dd1f5c9a60ea87c88691e4a8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fb483fac5cb676d77adac510c5ee9357.jpeg

• Like 1

3mm difference in offset is not a big problem, 14.4 mm clearance is also OK, but take care when you chose the tires, they cannot be too wide in order to not interfere with suspension strut; standard tyres, 225/45 fit well 7 inch wide rims.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links