Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 Yaris Excel radar cruise question

Armydonkey

Just picked up my 2024 Yaris Excel, coming from an Aygo X. 

The manual suggests that the process for setting adaptive cruise control is to press the cruise button, get up to the desired speed, then press set. This is the same process on my Aygo X, however on this car, it doesn’t say ‘set’ on the rocker - just a minus symbol (with +Res above). 

So am I right in saying that the correct process is get up to desired speed, then press the cruise button and it will be on automatically?

44 minutes ago, Armydonkey said:

The manual suggests that the process for setting adaptive cruise control is to press the cruise button, get up to the desired speed, then press set. This is the same process on my Aygo X, however on this car, it doesn’t say ‘set’ on the rocker - just a minus symbol (with +Res above). 

So am I right in saying that the correct process is get up to desired speed, then press the cruise button and it will be on automatically?

thats the way it works on my Corolla. My manual says the same as yours tho. Maybe not been updated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Armydonkey said:

you dont have to get upto speed to set it. Its just if you are at the speed you want to cruise at it its easier as such as its then set to that speed. Depending on model you have two cruise modes dynamic cruise (which will adjust your speed) or Cruise mode (like the old dumb cruise mode and just keep you at that speed)

You can set it to what ever speed you want by using the up and down rocker button (the ones with +Res and -) and it will get you to that speed either by accelerating or braking. depending on how you have that configured it will increase or decrease the speed by x amount. On Mine I have it set to increments of 5mph for quick press and 10mph for longer press.

On 5/25/2024 at 1:58 PM, Armydonkey said:

Press the cruise button once then set your speed with the minus (-) button.   Don’t press it twice or you’ll set the speed limiter.  

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links