Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wire fraying

gen7

Can someone please help me identify the fix for some fraying wire I have. Am I right in believing this is a fuel injector cable? 05 Gen 7.

IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0589.jpeg

The lower one appears to have copper sulphate corrosion which suggests an earth wire.

Not sure where the wire in the upper picture is.

"Soak the corroded copper item in vinegar or create a paste with vinegar and salt to gently scrub away the corrosion. Lemon Juice (Citric Acid): Lemon juice contains citric acid, which can also be used to clean corroded copper."

Then bind the exposed wires with insulation tape.  Do it gently,  you don't want to break them

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply. The photos are of the same wire, just at a different angle. Sorry for the confusion.

I did try and get to it to wrap it in electric tape but it's not possible, I think things need to be removed first but I'm not a mechanic.

Might be a sensor of some sort.

Best course of action would be cutting it out and splicing in a new wire, but that's probably a job for a mechanic.

6 hours ago, gen7 said:

did try and get to it to wrap it in electric tape but it's not possible

It may be possible by threading.

Feed string or cord through and round.  Drag 2-3 inches of tape with the cord. Pass cord around,  pull more tape through, repeat.  A crochet needle or even straight needle and pliers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links