Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any obvious reason why I shouldn't buy this auris?

lucy-k

Have you any specific concerns...the MOT history looks good although the last owner has done a lot of miles in the last 2 years but better than a few miles to shops and back.

Garage has good reviews so a 12 month MOT and some warranty and it should be fine.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MC1216 said:

Have you any specific concerns...the MOT history looks good although the last owner has done a lot of miles in the last 2 years but better than a few miles to shops and back.

Garage has good reviews so a 12 month MOT and some warranty and it should be fine.

Thanks, I just had a really bad experience trying to buy an auris at a main dealer so I'm on high alert now.

They are doing the MOT so I'm worried that they'd just pass it to sell it and I'd have issues in the future.

• Like 1

Looking at the reviews of the garage on Google and Autotrader i would say you are likely to have less issues than some main dealers.

I take it they are giving a 3/6 month warranty.

• Like 5

You could also ask them to treat the rust.

We bought a 10 year old Merc.   There was rust on a B pillar.  We asked them to fix it while we did the paperwork. 

Rust cured, repainted,  and never reappeared. 

• Like 5

Hi Lucy,as a Auris owner myself I can tell you this is a really underrated car and ours hasn't missed a beat in 3 years of ownership. I haven't read any major concerns with the car.Providing you do due diligence with checking service history and if possible take someone along who can look over the car for you if shouldn't be a problem. The garage will give you a warranty and ask them to deal with the rust and you should be fine.:smile:

• Like 2

There is never a reason  not to buy a car until  you find some. 
Just do all your checks again and never trust a word from any trader.
The car looks better presented then the previous one, it’s clean and in better shape overall. If the seller sounds normal, not too rough, not too friendly it will be more reasonable and you can book a test and if you like it and car matches description and you feel it’s your car just buy it.
Used car purchase it’s always a luck.
I actually started to like 1.2t Auris manual or Corolla as alternative to hybrids . 👍

• Like 6

I always had a crush on blue cars... I'd buy it just for the color. Not a good reason, though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks like a nice clean example. Rusty bolts will clean up with wd40, pretty standard on auris. Im sure they will oblige to clean up.

Do check clutch condition for wear, and check warranty cover, limits excess etc. Do ask them for the emissions figures on the imminent mot.

Good luck.

• Like 3

Like @solero I'd check the clutch, I am guessing its still got the original, might need replacing soon, it might last till 80-90k, depends on how it was driven and how you drive.

Apart from that, car looks clean and in good nick, may be try looking underside if you can for other rusts.

• Like 3

Where are all the black oil drips coming from? I would have a look underneath to see if they are from the car you are looking at.

Not keen on buying a 1.2 litre car with a tow bar fitted. Hopefully used for towing a little trailer with garden waste to the tip.

Other than that it looks very nice.

Good luck 😀

• Like 1

On 5/27/2024 at 1:46 PM, TonyHSD said:

There is never a reason  not to buy a car until  you find some. 
Just do all your checks again and never trust a word from any trader.
The car looks better presented then the previous one, it’s clean and in better shape overall. If the seller sounds normal, not too rough, not too friendly it will be more reasonable and you can book a test and if you like it and car matches description and you feel it’s your car just buy it.
Used car purchase it’s always a luck.
I actually started to like 1.2t Auris manual or Corolla as alternative to hybrids . 👍

100% this ^.

I got stiffed by Toyota Huddersfield and they lied straight to my face that water pump was fine when it was leaking and they KNEW it. If main dealers behave like this then what do you think the independents will be like? NEVER trust the dealer/stealer and do a proper check. Why do you think car dealers are rated as least trustable almost on a par with politicians! Always take someone with you as it is easy to miss things when you are solo. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links