Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Abysmal Horn

Stephen Vaughan

I have a new GR sport hybrid and the horn is abysmal to say the least, is there an upgrade which can be fitted without  harming the warranty?

Not as far as I'm aware. Fitting a different horn would just mean that part/installation is not covered by the new car warranty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are aftermarket horns that come with a compatible connector, so that you can fit them without modifying the wiring. Hella make some. In my case, I fitted twin tone horns, which obviously required a second connection, so I did splice into the existing wire. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Stephen, I agree with you.  I hardly ever use the horn but when I do it’s good if people can actually hear it.  I was parked in a petrol station the other day and an old Merc started backing up toward me, sure it was going to smash into my bumper, I hit the horn for the first time and driver of other car didn’t hear it, luckily he stopped a few inches from me.  I fitted dual Hella horns off Amazon for £18 and bought the Ecsing Y harness to connect them for £11.  Best money I’ve spent on the car, took me 5 minutes to fit and they sound like a car horn now not a moped.  

IMG_4127.jpeg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links