Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Sizes

daktari

Hi guys. I`m shortly going to have to replace all four of my tyres. (Ouchy) :(

Question is. Does anyone know what profile i should use.

Current tyres are 215/40 x 17 but to be honest the roads over here are so bad that the thing just tracks all over the place. Should i consider 45 profiles? Original tyres and rims were 215/60 x 14 i think.

Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome.

TIA

Dak.

Got the same size on my gen 7 and know what you mean mate its a pain in the ***** also makes the ride harsh as hell !

I think i might do the same when my tyres are dead let us know if it improves matters cheers! :thumbsup:

i can help on this one....

With a profile of 40 you have actually lowered ur overall speed by 1.59%, resulting in a drop of 1.12mph at 70 mph, not much really but you lost speed. on the otherhand, with a profile of 45, you actually add to ur overall speed by 1.9% resulting in an increase of 1.33mph at 70mph.

If u do choose to go with the 45 profile, be sure to drop the speed a little when doin "the speed limit". <_<

Even softer ride? more speed? with a profile of 50, you would actually be doing 73.78mph instead of 70mph. up to u now dak! :thumbsup:

tony

Nice one. Think i`ll go with the 45`s and invest in a snooper :lol::thumbsup:

my tyre size are 225 x 45 x 17

Interesting you say that maleborn. I got a virtually new set of 225/45`s on my M5. I did wonder about swapping them over. Seeing as i dont use the BM hardly.

How do you find them on the celica? :)

they are fine , with it lowered 35mm sometimes driving real hard when cornering or hitting a pothole they scrub the wheel arch liners , other than that faultless.

Thats another option then. I really need to do something about my springs too ao it`s going to be an expensive month methinks. :(

springs are a cheap option if you can do it yourself , with lowering springs you dont even need spring compressors , an 18 stone lager lout is good for pressing the top mount down while you get the nut on, i got mine from topgear .com for £69,jamex lowers 35mm .

springs are a cheap option if you can do it yourself , with lowering springs you dont even need spring compressors , an 18 stone lager lout is good for pressing the top mount down while you get the nut on, i got mine from topgear .com for £69,jamex lowers 35mm .

Should be a piece of wee wee with two 18 stone lager louts then. :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the tip. I`ll have a look see. :thumbsup:

biggest problem is those tiny link arms on the rears they can be a nightmare , i just did a car for a guy on here 3 weeks ago , took me an hour a side cos of those damn link arms,usually i can do all 4 sides in 2 hours. just be carefull on the front struts to line up the slot on the shocker top with the slots on the top mount otherwise you get an awful knocking sound and have to redo the spring.

Nice one. Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wouldn`t you know it tho. They dont do em for the GT4. Fensport do some for 89 squids but i`ll have a look around 1st. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links