Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Cars In For Work Tomorrow

matty2767

my 6 month avensis in the garage tomorrow for a combination of problems that have become apparent since it was 'born'.

the work is

a new cd player - the old one gave a worse quality sound than a 45 record.

a new trip computer - the old one reset itself randomly

sort out - squeaky steering wheel, creaking accelerating pedal and a squeaking boot strut.

hopeful it will be back to normal, at least the garage seem to be doing their utmost to help.

:o Interesting

My Avensis trip computer also reset itself (Average Fuel/100 Km). In my previous Corolla E12 you had to reset it manually. I wish this was the case also for the Avensis.

My Avensis is due for garage work too and belive me, it is a biiiiiig job.

The Car will be upgraded with a kit for reducing the road noise. This has been a big issue here in Sweden since we have a special tarmac with very rough surface.

This meant that Toyotas slogan that the Avensis was the quitest car in its class, simply was not true and Toyota had to back off and was actually buying back a new Avensis from a dissatisfied customer.

Furthermore, Toyota shipped Swedish tarmac to Japan and built a special test track for reaserching the problem. This has resulted in an upgrade that Swedish customers can get if they complain enough.

The upgrade includes new bushings in the rear suspension and also some improved noise reduction foam and panels. The upgrade is supposed to take 8 hours of labour.

Now I am really looking forward to a quieter Avensis.

// Ulro

• 2 years later...

:o Interesting

My Avensis trip computer also reset itself (Average Fuel/100 Km). In my previous Corolla E12 you had to reset it manually. I wish this was the case also for the Avensis.

My Avensis is due for garage work too and belive me, it is a biiiiiig job.

The Car will be upgraded with a kit for reducing the road noise. This has been a big issue here in Sweden since we have a special tarmac with very rough surface.

This meant that Toyotas slogan that the Avensis was the quitest car in its class, simply was not true and Toyota had to back off and was actually buying back a new Avensis from a dissatisfied customer.

Furthermore, Toyota shipped Swedish tarmac to Japan and built a special test track for reaserching the problem. This has resulted in an upgrade that Swedish customers can get if they complain enough.

The upgrade includes new bushings in the rear suspension and also some improved noise reduction foam and panels. The upgrade is supposed to take 8 hours of labour.

Now I am really looking forward to a quieter Avensis.

// Ulro

did you notive any change in the noise ulro?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links